Is 7000 enough for a decent car?

Most Helpful Girl

• A good used car, yes!
    My dad is realllllyyy good at finding great deals on used cars. He's helped find two of my cousins and my older sister used cars for $5000 in really great condition. All you gotta do is scout the internet and stop to look at any cars with signs on them that peak your interest, you'd be surprised what great deals you can find!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you'll be fine as long as you choose a reliable car in good condition. Don't blow your money on an older fast car known for unreliability.

For example, getting a Honda Accord would be wise. My 2nd car that I knew what I was getting into is an early 90's corvette, which you could get buy today for around $7k, of which having owned it for 5 years or so has required around $5k in replacement parts. Not a smart car for someone's only car, but I just have it for weekend fun mostly.

What Girls Said 6

• Not really? Unless its used!

• Only if you're planning to buy a used one.

• what currency?

• Depends on the year and model of the car.

• Eh fine

• That's a good number.

What Guys Said 17

• Yes, you should be able to get something reliable for that. If someone in your family is in the market for a new car, you can strike a deal with a dealership for buying 2 cars - one new, and one used that someone traded in to them. I did that once and we both got a sweet deal.

If not, 7k will still get you a good used car.

• A moderate used car.
    Be careful when buying a car though. You get a lot of cars that were swamped by hurricane Katrina at that price range. The cars look great and a usually pretty new, but they will crap out.

• Assuming you mean dollars US, it can be enough to purchase a reliable car.
    you just have to choose the right one, it also may requrie a bit of work.

Cars manifactured by Japanese companies such as Honda, Toyota ans Suzuki are far more reliable than the German alternative such as BMW, Audi or Mercedes.
    American cars do tend to be cheaper.

• Yes, for a used car. Be sure to have a mechanic not affiliated with where you buy from look it over before you buy.
    Some new cars can be got for that but usually suck. No extras.
    Remember you can get price reduced if you pay all at once so you can get a $10000 car for $7000 or so in cash.

• new? no
    used? well, depends on what's decent for you but you can get one who gets the job done and isn't total garbage... so I'd say yes

• Yeah that's plenty for a second hand car. Or is that what your down payment is going to be then take a loan?

• 7000USD?
    Probably enough to get you an alright second hand car. What are you looking for?

• 4000 and some sweat

• yeah that should be fine, don't rush into anything and do some good research and such.

• You have to be patient and shop around craigslist and stuff. If you're patient, a car with fall right into your lap

• Only if it's a black one. It'll run faster... ha jk

If it gets the job done then I don't see why not.

• I'd say yes. i got a good car around that price range myself.

• more than enough.

• too much in my opinion

• Maybe a down payment on a decent car.

• yea you can get a good car for 4 grand

• Ya. Maybe a Civic? Fun to rev :)