"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence." Accurate?

Is this quote accurate?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Doubt comes with intelligence. it not so much a problem as phenomena. in my experience stupidity comes with all kinds of things.

• "Doubt comes with intelligence"
      One of the most fundamental philosophical realization

When Gettier established the difference between a "justified true belief" and knowledge, it became apparent that even our most certain understandings could be true simply by coincidence. We could be holding beliefs true for the right reasons, they can be inline with truth, yet they can still escape our awareness. Really it's quite phenomenal.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if I agree that it's a problem, but it accurately describes intelligent and stupid people.

It's old wisdom... from Plato's Apology

"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know."

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 4

• I agree 100%

• The problem is rather that the stupid ones are in majority and that great minds think alike... but fools seldom differ.
    Most people probably didn't know the end to that quote.

• No, the opposite is the problem. The intelligent people think so highly of themselves that they refuse to listen to the people they consider dumb and have absolutely no common sense meanwhile the stupid ones at least are practical about surviving the day.

• 0|0