Guys, Should I smash my boyfriend's Xbox and PS4 ?

Yesterday I asked if I should break up with him because he just cares about his video games, YouTube channel and fans more but you guys asked me to take a break or talk to him. I tried to talk to him but he said "we will talk about it later" why? Because he was busy playing a video game AGAIN! I can't do this anymore and I'm planning on smashing everything in the living i don't know why but this is how i feel. This pregnancy drives me nuts and i'm really angry at him although i love him so much... I just want to spend time with him and maybe this will help. i'm not even joking here.

Most Helpful Guy

• You said it yourself. Being pregnant could be driving you crazier. If you going to smash the video games wait until you give birth.
    That way you are sure you are the one smashing your beloved boyfriend games. Not the hormones.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only smash the Xbox. :D

No breaking his consoles and games is a bad idea plus you are probably not thinking to clearly. Which is cool with all the hormones going on with you.

If anything what you do is while he's asleep Unplug all his consoles, take all his video games, and hide them some where. Then tell him he's not getting them back until y'all talk about this issue.

Plus since your pregnant, maybe he doesn't know how to deal with it and help you. So he plays video games due to not knowing what to do. Along with freaking out/ stressing about once the baby comes.

• Best thing to do is compromise on spending time together and when y'all both can have your own quiet time.

• why does this show up on my notifications

What Guys Said 51

• You're fucking crazy. So you think smashing stuff is gonna get you what you want? What are you, a kid? Is that what you're gonna teach your future kid, that breaking stuff is the way to go?
    And you think he's gonna be ok with you doing that?
    Come on... -_-

• I'm not crazy! I'm just mad

• @cheapshotbob Never sided with the guy, I sided with reason and maturity.

• thats cool then but hal of these responses make it seem she is wring for ragin and beung upset. and thats just absurd in my opinion. anyone knows every action has a reaction so his action are the reason she is upset and debating these things. i dont see how this is so complicated. its really simple give him a choice. he might be smart and terific and have a good job but that does not take away from his actions.

its clearly going to be his own fault if anything happens because he want listen to her which i what i thought relationships were about *LISTENING*

• Destruction of private property is punishable by the law. Not to mention he'll be way too furious to pay any attention to your requests and it will only get worse. You're angry and it is completely understandable. Switching off the power of the whole house is much more sensible. No destruction and you'll have his undivided attention.

• Understandable?

• @MasterofPlebs she will if she has to pay back 7-800 $

• I won't pay for anything since he's the reason why i would smash them in the first place and our baby deserve this money not his video games. :/

• Do you have $ for counseling... you could use it for someone to talk to and work through these issues and he needs to go as well. This is the tip of the iceberg in relationships...

What you are asking for is very reasonable and your sadness/frustration/anger is a reasonable emotion. The woman wants to be connected to the man (Genesis 2 Bible) as does the man. But, he sounds like he is still very immature or avoiding discussion. Are the discussions good ones or are they painful and emotional? Guys like to avoid emotional pain... especially if they are wounded.

I would not break the game systems yet, I would talk to counselor. If you choose not to do that, you could try putting a note on the TV... talk to girlfriend first for 20 minutes, then you get your power adapter to run the system...

Sadly, this is a bad sign that he doesn't value you or the relationship or there are problems. It won't get better on its own, so get help.

• Don't do it. You think it's a good decision now, but you will regret it later. Not only is it a massive waste of money, it will also not help a single bit. What he is doing is not right either, but if you destroy his consoles you won't be any better than him. It will most likely only make him angry, and trust me, it won't solve the problem either. If you really can't get him to talk to you, you could opt to hide his consoles and give them back once you two have had a talk. Just promise me you won't destroy his belongings. Nobody wants that to happen to them.

• :( I think I'm losing it or something

• Only if you're willing to pay to buy him a new one.

• "I just want to spend time with him and maybe this will help."

Okay I'm willing to chalk up this logic to the pregger hormones talking in you.

That is the DUMBEST idea ever. Not only will this not help it will blow up in your face. He'll either just dump you or find something that you truly cherish in your life and destroy it as well.

• The dumbest idea? What would you do if you were in my place?

• You need to keep pestering him about having a talk and then when you do you talk about how you feel neglected and that the way the relationship currently is cannot continue and that you both need to work on things together to try and make it better or move on.

• I will try this and try to be patient with him :(

• "talk about it later"

Your reply should be "Because you are playing video games. This is what I want to talk about. It's getting too much"

Something like that.
    And if he then STILL refuses, just break up with him.

What's breaking his stuff going to accomplish? Nothing. It's just childish, just agression.

• It won't help. Tell him that he needs to limit his video game time or you are out.

Sorry but this guy sounds like a loser. You are having a baby with a loser.

Ladies - be careful who you open your legs for because you may end up here. Tied to a guy that doesn't even live in reality for the next 18 years as you jointly try to raise a lot child. I'd hate to be depending on him for child support.

• Trust me he is not a loser or i wouldn't be with him. He finished college and have a good job, good income. He have very good social life everything was perfect because he wasn't that addicted to video games like now, this happened only after i got pregnant.

• Try this:

Make a shcedule.
    From xx : xx to xx : xx he have the right to do watever he wants.
    But from xx : xx , he can only do stuff with you.

Make the schedule with him, print it in paper and you both promisse to respect the contract. Then you both make your signutures bellow. Make a copy for him and one for you.

• Do you think this will work? :(

• Did you made it?

• u need to join in with him. start like a drug. for "free". then after a little bit he will get use to it. then start requesting that he start doing things to keep u helping him or spending time in his world.

my ex didn't do the "free" part, but she would leave me alone ;) and in return i would spend time with her for 2h while her show was on and helped her with dinner. she got what she wanted and i got left alone while playing. cause if i am yelling at a game... u comeing in and asking what im yelling at is not going to help. but as others have said, dont break his stuff, one way or another, he will jsut get more. and it will be a very high chance of u getting hurt urself. u really need to try to go into his world and pull him out from the inside. or just leave.

• You're going to have 2 outcomes and they won't be pretty

1
    if he's a true gamer like you say,
    he will become enraged and probably beat the shit out of you because he's so mad
    trust me when i was into gaming like that i wanted to beat the shit out of people for just cutting it off in my face.

2
    he's going to call the police and have you arrested for damaging his property and you'll probably have to replace them both when he takes you to court

What i prefer you do is take the video game systems or take their cords and tell him if he wants them back he should talk to you

• if you wanna break up, break up. But destroying someones good is not the right way to do it. You will be the one who pays for it... just so you know. And it won't help your relationship

• is he making money out of his youtube channel?

does he "stream" while playing online? maybe he wants to make some $$ out of it.

Not saying is right to ignore you, he should pay attention to you as well,

Do not destroy their video games or console lol, that's going to be just worse

• I really don't understand much about these stuff but he have a job

• Yeah so then I hope he can sue you.

• I dont think that will get you any where but in trouble with the law. I am with every one else here, if he doesn't want to change, then leave, if you dont want to leave seek counseling

• Why would you take that out on his stuff? You'll just have to pay for it and come out looking like a crazy bitch. Just break up with him.

• Crazy bitch? Do you have any idea how it feels like to be pregnant and have someone that keep making you angry all the time like my boyfriend? i still love him but at the same time I'm angry because of him.

• I will do that instead of acting crazy

• Good choice. Also a cheaper one.

• Calm your titts down girl!!
    If you smash any of his toys he might smash you... XD

Anyways I think you should smash his xbox and not his ps4

Ps4 is awesome

• If he smash me he will smash his baby with me :|
      He's not a violent guy anyway :/

• Nah people here made me realize that i am wrong and i was going to act like crazy and ruin our relationship just because the hormones controls me. :/

• And yup they are right

• Or just leave him so you don't have to pay for it?

There's a certain age where you stop playing video games and life catches up to you.

• if you do that, then the result can be pretty dangerous, but your boyfriend is very immature. you should tell him and warn him that you'll smash his console

• Yeah we always end up with " yeah sure we will talk about it later" and i can't hear it one more time :/

• I will warn him for the last time. By the way he's 25 years old but like you see :/ although i'm younger but i feel that i'm mature more than him sometimes.

• yeah you do sounds like more mature than him.

• I would not break it on him because they are very expensive.. but I would say to him you seem to have more time for time for them games then you do for me even when it is you I came over to see.. tell him to pay a bit of attention to you.. he can play those games any dam time.. but if he picks the gaming over you.. it may be time to walk away.. find that someone that will give you the time.. lots out there that will.. I would.. take care now

• Smashing his property accomplishes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Not to mention you can get in trouble for it.

• Lol. Just break up.

• Smashing everything will not help, leave him, if he does not come around to get you back he is not worth staying with. He should have more sensitivity and time for you.

• WOAH!!! I think you need to simmer down.
    You've got a lot of hormonal shit going on, but is breaking stuff when you get angry the sort of example you're going to want to set for you're child? Probably not, because it's an immature way to go about things.

Maybe take away his games and refuse to give them back until he talks to you. It sounds like he should be giving you much more attention, but bear in mind there may be a reason for his behaviour; it could be the stress of your pregnancy, or not knowing what to do, or something else entirely.

Just take a deep breathe and try and sort things out maturely. Take away his games. unplug his consoles if you think that'll force him to talk, and sort things out.

• If you did this and you were my girlfriend I'd kill you or break up with you lol DON'T DO THIS

• Switch the power off in the fuse box. No need to destroy anything.

• I'm just angry most of the time :/

• do you have a hobby or anything you do on your own?

• and do you two live together

• set aside time for you two everyday... agree on it and sign a contract..

• Between his job and video games and my college we rarely sit together but i will try it one more time :(

• HULK SMASH!

Thats not right.. How would you like it if he smashed your phone?

• Yeah, no, that's a really really dumb idea actually. Are you really this disinterested in his activities? Maybe try to see why he enjoys it so much?

• That doesn't work.

• I really wouldn't know what to do really, hopefully he realizes himself that he is doing something "wrong" here.

None the less, I wish you good luck with your boyfriend.

• Thank you

• The hormones are getting to you. Don't smash his stuff, that's really immature and a sure way of burning your bridges. You can try other things like not doing anything for him (like cooking), or staying at a friend's house, until he talks to you.

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 19

• Smashing his stuff won't solve any problems and will create new ones. He'll just go buy another machine when that money could be used for the pregnancy/baby. There's got to be a time when he's not playing for you to talk about his playing.

• hmmm... question is do u want him to kill u in cold blood after u do this?

• kill me? :/

• I don't know anymore if I'm over reacting or he is driving me craz

• you force a man to change his lifestyle like that he will most likely leave you out of frustration its understandable to be mad but if you do end up ruining your relationship because of his gaming you are better of just leaving him. if you dont want to leave him and you actually love him :D then do something more professional an just hide his controllers

• No.
    Imagine something you really love. An item you've worked hard to pay for and something you've dedicated a lot of time into and your partner destroys it. How would you feel? It's cruel and unnecessary. It would cause a lot of problems in your relationship - you don't do that to someone you love. Just like if your partner had a sports hobby, you wouldn't destroy their hard earned trophies because YOU don't like them spending so much time on it. It's something he enjoys and it's something you can also get involved with if you opened your mind a little. Just don't be stupid.

• There is no excuse for destroying his property. That would just make you look psychotic. If his video game playing is really that much of a problem for you and he refuses to talk about it with you then all you can do is break up with him and move on.

• Nope, that shit is expensive. It sounds like your pregnancy hormones are off the chart.

Write down how you feel in a letter then give it to him.

• hey dick head boyfriend she is pregnant shut off the fucking console and support her pregnancy is not easy on the body or the emotions so be there for her show her love and understanding and show her she is more important to you than a fucking game

• You should probably tell him that :( :(

• honey try to have faith in him a baby generally does not exist for a man until he can hold it in his arms, we can the baby every step of the way

• heey, could you please message me?:)

• ABSOLUTLY NOT! You obviously have no ideas how many problems that's going to start. It's bad enough when someone messes with your game data destroying a whole system is asking for trouble and a lot of it.

• you break them dont be surprised if he knocked your dumbass out

• I hope you're ready to pay to replace them all because I'm like 80% positive he can take you to court over you damaging his personal property.

• Don't smash anything, just leave. If you smash his stuff you'll most likely have to pay for it, you'd be doing yourself a major disservice and it will only make things worse.

• You really don't want to do this girl. You're angry because of your pregnancy and it's kind of controls you but you need to calm down and try to talk to your boyfriend about it in his free time.

• I almost did smash it. Instead I just kept turning it off. He got pissed lol. Guess who doesn't play anymore. It's now really only used for Netflix.

• Did it really work?

• Yeah but if you aren't sure do a trial run. While he's playing "accidentally" shut it off while dusting or something. If he freaks too nad you'll know its a bad idea but he won't blame you too long because it was an "accident". And for all the people who are thinking "but he'll lose his progress.." or whatever. Just stop. It's a videogame.

• That's pure evil. O. O Making him get rid of games and only allowed to watch boring Netflix, I pity him some.

• If you wanted it gone for a bit so you can talk, it may be better to hide it instead. Smashing it is a bad idea and you will end up regretting that you did it. If you hide it you get the same effect that he can't use it but you can still give it back once you have talked to him

• Are you crazy? No offense, but smashing someone's property is not okay. The only thing it will happen is he will get resentful and if it takes that to focus his attention on you, something is off.

• Do not do that, that is not a good thing to do!!

• pretend to be giving birth lolololol that'll get his attention lmaoo

• If you are prepared to go to court for destruction of property, by all means, go for it.

• Talk to him and if he won't listen... Break up with him. Dont break anything of his because he might dump you on the spot, break something of yours or he might even take legal action for breaking his stuff. (The laws an interesting thing)
    I have dumped people who were more into video games than the real world. Its not worth fighting with a man child.

• I'm not a guy but you shouldn't damage things that aren't yours, period. In a relationship, you should respect each other. Talking to him might be difficult and he might just be stressed about the pregnancy so he plays video games and whatnot. Try to have a conversation with him while he isn't doing anything so he isn't distracted. Talking to him while he's in-game or something isn't really a good idea because his focus is on something else. I hope this helps :)