How to stop overthinking awkward conversations?

Second-guessing myself comes naturally to me as breathing. When I have conversations where the other person's response is super hesitant or awkward or a no-response, I tend to think it may be something I did or said. Or perhaps I misunderstood or was awkward. I worry about other people think and it doesn't help that I got bullied at the last place I worked at (rumor spreading, etc.) and I worry about giving the wrong impression. I've gotta work on my confidence but have any of you had these kinds of issues and was there anything that worked?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can just ignore those people, or treat them the same way. Honestly talking it out with a friend could help, or even just talking it out with yourself, by yourself, like if you're driving or something. Whether you are he people who spoke badly about again or not, just be kind, but only speak of superficial things like work and schedules and don't give them much of your time. You don't need to deal with people you don't want to.

What Guys Said 1

• Embrace your social failure. Work with yourself rather than against yourself.

What Girls Said 0