Hospital and emergency room times?

So, I went to the doctors yesterday when I began to have some typical cramps that we're getting worse. I felt week and thought it'd be best to go and get it checked out. It took 2 hours at the doctors and then I had to go to the ER where they took blood and did tests and scans and made me drink this weird shake and then I had to get a CT scan. It was so long. It took from 5pm to 1 am. I was so exhausted by the end that I just wanted to go home. So my question is do you think the people at hospitals and emergency rooms do a good job to do things in a timely manner or do you think it's a long and arduous time every time you go?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is pathetic the wait time to get anything done in any medical case.. what get me is the Governments always say we know this and will fix it.. but their solution is to give more money always to the doctors and the nurses.. making them richer and us just waiting the same time or even longer in some cases.. wish they would up the wages so us poor folk can have a better shot at making ends meet.

Maybe then the stress caused a lot by most if not all greedy Governments taking most everything away from us that we worked for.. may just stop some of those medical things from needing to be done in the first place.. for example.. taxes.. the dam Government should not get none of our money.. they do not give us any of theirs.. I bet they do not even have to pay taxes on what they make on their cushy jobs.. and that is not even saying anything about the perks and the pension plans they also get way sooner then anyone that does work a decent job or jobs, take care now

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been to the er three times, all times for seizures. I don't remember those times too well but I know the wait was terrible.

Not actually to get a room, but sitting in a room waiting for answers. Hours. One time I got so impatient I got up and walked around and then this guy FINALLY approached me about it when he saw me.

We were told I was allowed to leave a certain day (as soon as my results were processed) and at the end of the day, we hadn't heard anything. So we finally asked someone about it, and apparently they hadn't even *started* on them.

Another I went to, they had me hooked up to a machine for one or two days so they could collect information or whatever. We never heard ANYTHING.

Honestly each time they would keep me for one or two days, or more, and I think it could've gone way faster.

• I feel like part of it is them just keeping us there so we have to pay more. They had taken my blood and never gave us the results on that. And they had me wait for hours to get the results on my scan

What Guys Said 4

• When ever i go er it takes forever to get out from there. I thing they should speed up some stuff

• Thats called triage

• Go to an urgent care facility. Faster. You have too many people going to an ER, because they have no family Dr or insurance.

• The problem with that is urgent care isn't open very late and they don't do certain scans there

• Yeah.. you do have a point.

• Cause that's what I do, I went to urgent care; at the place that's also a doctors, and they had me go to the ER after that

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I think that they do their best. There are a hell of a lot of people that they have to get through and they need to spend time devoted to each person and it does take a long time but I'd rather it take a long time and come out feeling like I've been properly checked out than it be really fast but be worried that they missed something, y'know?

• Yes that's definitely true. Also I've been told many times that if you have to wait a while that's a good thing cause it means they don't think your condition is as bad as others

• I've seen people work an ER and somebody with bad cramps (at least around here) are not high up on the list when there's trauma cases going or anything that's relatively severe. The way they prioritize the service kinda sucks since you'll be waiting for awhile but it's for a good reason and they try their best.

• Yea I realize that. And I want the people who need to be seen first to be seen first. However, when I went my doctor had just told me I needed a CT scan ASAP, and they took a girl with a broken finger first...

• Bone could have been damaging or a nerve or a blood vessel, you never know. Or she had been waiting longer and your case wasn't as urgent.

The shake and scan was to see if you had anything else going on besides simple cramps. I can't tell you whether her or your case was more severe but I think it probably had to do with wait times and the case itself or the hospital was shit lol