Cow milk vs women's milk?

Why cows produce milk everyday, while women only when they are pregnant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cows don't give milk everyday.. Milking or Lactation is a process.. At begins in a female mammal just after the birth of a baby... And continues until the milking is stopped.. Or the young one stops drinking milk.. In case of humans once a kids grows no one is drinking the women's milk.. Hence with time it stops generating milk..
    But in cow we don't stop milking them so they keep producing even after their young one jo longer needs milk..
    Same procedure can be performed with a human female to.. But it will be in human in nature... I presume..

• Drinking cows milk is using domestic animals product as food source..
      However drinking other women's milk is drink... Is like consuming products from other human body.. It kind of falls under cannibalism and it's against our natural instinct.. This does not means that we cannot drink a female humans milk.. But it's just weird and wrong and not as what nature intended.. However. In a starving situation.. Using it as source of food won't be wrong..
      Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• Cows do NOT just produce milk. That's a huge, huge, myth. Both mammals, both go through the same process. Cows are constantly impregnated to keep them milking.
    As soon as they give birth their baby's are ripped from them and most killed for veal. They milk her until she stops lactating and the process begins again by impregnating her. Once she is a few years old she's too used and then killed herself.
    I suggest looking into the food industry to learn more.
    It's pretty disgusting and people should care more about how they get what they eat.
    Everyone is going crazy about dogs being tortured, killed and eaten in china (and other places), but the same thing is happening here to pigs, cows, chickens, and other animals.
    There is no difference.

• You sure? I have seen women lactate for no reason and some who do it constantly. Hard to believe you could not breed a type of cow that does the same. Hence dairy cows

• There is a whole lactating porn fetish. I have seen it discussed in documentaries. And movies. My point being if a non pregnant woman can produce milk. Seems likely you could breed cows which do the same

• @cjmtherfcker For starters that weird...
      Maybe the women in porn have babies or a hormonal problem? I don't know.
      But, no, cows ARE impregnated to keep them producing milk. Plenty of documentaries about how dairy cows are treated.

What Guys Said 8

• You need to find out more about the origins of food, as well as biology.
    All female mammals follow the same process. First they become pregnant and give birth, then they suckle their young. They will continue to lactate as long as the milk is being taken and they are of reproductive age.
    A bull will service a cow. Male calves are killed (that is where veal comes from). Female calves replace their mothers, when the cows have passed their peak productive age. The retired dairy cows are slaughtered for beef.
    It is brutal, ruthless and without sentiment.

• Cows milk tastes a little richer but isn't nearly as much fun to extract!

• Dairy farmers keep their dairy cows bred to bulls. They're producing calves on a regular basis (which are usually removed from the mother and bottle-fed). So the cows are in sort of a constant milk-producing state.

• isn't it hard for cows to give so many births?

• That's a good question. I don't know if it's hard on the mother cows to have so many calves. I would have to think it has some effect on them though.

• Cows have been bred for many generations to continue to produce milk. The wild animal from which they are derived do not.

Its lkme wild roses are small flowers, but the roses we grow for ahow have huge flowers. They have been bred that way.

• Is it all cows ir just dairy cows? I would guess dairy cows are made for this. Some women constantly lactate.

• well , leave cows alone , and mind ur own business :D.

• It's chemically provoked

• 0|1

What Girls Said 4

• Because cows keep being milked every day. If you wouldn't stop breastfeeding after a while the milk-production wouldn't stop either.

• Cows are forcibly made pregnant so they can produce all the milk they do.

• I didn't know that! Its actually wrong, now that i think about it.

• Yeah it's very sad. Almond milk all the way! Haha

• yes almond milk is way better!

• Better question: Why do we drink cow's milk/Goat's milk etc.. and not our own milk? I think every other animal drinks their own species's milk except us. What's up with our cross-species milk drinking?

• No we drink our mothers milk, not our own! little lambs also drink their mothers milk, but not other adult lambs. just imagine that lmao

• Also humans eat meat while cows goats dont. that influences milk too, i guess

• Cows only produce milk when they're pregnant or recently gave birth. Most cows are injected with hormones to trick their bodies into thinking they're pregnant so it produces milk.