Have you changed when it comes to drinking?

Rewind several years ago , my goal was to get drunk everytime I went to a club. I went to one yesterday because my friend took me out for my early birthday (I turn 30 tomorrow, may 8), I only had one drink. I realized I don't need alcohol anymore to turn up and have a good time.
Gone are the days hang over, and pulling my hair back!

Most Helpful Guy

• Last time I took alcohol was 31st December 2014. So, yeah! I can say that I managed to win against alcohol. I am changed when it comes to drinking.

I used to drink occasionally, like say -- once every week or two? Dunno if you count it under 'occasionally'. I never liked alcohol. It was a waste of money. It tastes bad. I don't feel good after taking it. I was never addicted to it too. I used to take it because I started to go to college and got a new freedom. And because it feels cool as we see in movies and stuff. It also gave us an opportunity to gather and share one's stories to each other. And it was alcohol which helped me to build enough courage to approach a woman and finally get laid.

But! I never liked it. Deep down, I knew that I'll ditch that shit someday. I was just "trying" it out. You know, I want to do most of the things in my life. So, it was good that at least, I tried alcohol. It is a bad thing, but I did it in moderation and I have some good as well as bad memories I will always remember.

Now, I don't drink at all so, I can have
    #1 A better body
    #2 More savings
    #3 No more mind=fucking hangovers
    #4 No more regrets
    #5 No more broken promises that it's my last time
    #6 And no more friends trying to jump off from terrace because of cheating girlfriend

Happy mothers' day and happy birthtomorrow :D

Cheers! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha yeah very much soof. A couple years ago I got shit faced most weekends. Now even when I get my drink on its like 4 or 5 beers - enough to get a glow on. That's maybe a few times a year. Usually I just have one or two beers if we go out.

What Guys Said 21

• Nope, starting to think i never will. I mean, when i go out, i don't drink much at all, if any. Its when im at home and unwinding after a long day.
    honestly my habits have changed, and so has the quantity. i guess it gets kinda boring doing the same over and over.

• I've had a drinking problem for the last 3 years to the point where last year I was drinking till I blacked out, as a result I hurt my ex girlfriend feelings (verbally) while intoxicated. I lost her now and all I can say is that for the last 2 months I've been sober. I hung out with new guy friends I made last year and I kicked them all out of my life, I don't need drinking buddies. As of now I wish my ex girlfriend knee I'm serious about my change because I've been sober for 2 months now and although beer is not bad, one or two is fine as long as people don't get out of control like I did. For now I'll remain sober until I know I can control it and the best part is that I stopped talking to the wrong crowd who were the reason I got wasted all the time. People can change I wish my ex girlfriend believed me now but it's too late, need to move on and learn from my mistakes.

• I want to say I hate you... because you remind me of my ex.
      But I know that is totally wrong of me and uncalled for. I am happy you have realized your error and have changed for the better aand kicked all those effing bad people who are bad influence on you and your life. I am sorry about your ex... I cannot imagine how hurt she must have been in the process.. But I guess the good thing out of all of this is that (hopefully) you have learned, grown and hopefully change your ways.
      I hope you never put another person through that shit... It's not fair.
      Success!

• @kat_gran thank you, yeah she told me she moved on and that she's talking to someone new and getting to know him. I asked for it but yes, I deleted those guys phone numbers off my phone and from my Facebook. Drinking like that destroys lives, families and relationships and I'm aware now. It had to take her for me to realize I had a drinking problem. She did tell me to stop pressuring you and to give her time to think. I put her to through much pain, and hear me out, I was the best boyfriend any girl could ask for. It's just that last year I hung out with friends often and I developed bad habits but I can tell you I was the sweetest guy she ever had, it really sucks I let alcohol and bad influences take over my life. No more, I've changed and I want her to be happy. I will not look for her anymore, will not look into her Facebook. I've learned, honestly, so now I know not to be friends with people that all they want to do is drink, no more for me.

• <3 You will be fine, don't worry.
      I believe that you were a great boyfriend. And this is now your new leaf of life and love. Success and never stop aiming to be better. This is your lesson learnt.
      Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

• Never ever been drunk believe it or not

• Not much, no.

I can drink a healthy amount but I never seem to get 'drunk' per say. I can achieve a little buzz but if I keep drinking after that all I achieve is a headache soon followed by drowsiness.

E has always been what I used in place of alcohol- $5-10 and I'm set for the night, no hangover, happy-go-lucky, and loving life. It's a far better experience in my opinion.

• Yeah definitely, less of it and less often. Social drinking now, rather than intentional drinking.

• Yeah i never needed to be drunk to have fun, i always thought that people that needed that were messed up in the head.

• I totally understand the feeling. I just went out with my mom for early mothers day and had 1 beer. I followed it up with a coffee. No desire to just keep on drinking like I used to.

• You slosh. lol

I drank until I blacked out a couple times in college. Now I just have a few beers a week. Typically on the weekend.

• nope drinking and video games is still my favorite thing to do.

• I've only had one beer in my life sovar, and didn't get drunk. So I know nothing about what you're actually asking haha.
    And Happy Birthday to you and I hope you have an awesome B-Day !!! 😃😉
    And Happy Mother's day to you if you're a mother !!! 😃😉

• Yes. Last June I changed. I has my last hangover and said i fuck this I'm not doing it anymore.

• Nope. I've always been a non drinker.

• I used to have a drink here and there. Now I barely touch the nonsense.

• happy bd for tomorrow. as for me, I dont care about getting drunk at my age, never did then either

• Nope, still don't like to drink

• I have always hated the taste I just love the feeling it gives me

• I surely used to drink more in the past, but I've only got drunk twice.

• In my opinion, consuming intoxicants is foolish and an unwise act.
    Which is why I don't drink.

• nah not really. All the same

• So thats how you feel when you hit the 30s? Damn i need to party lots now. Although i hear that the 30s are the best age and your sex drive goes up higher. We'll have to wait for your first year of 30s to hear your stories

• I never started drinking alcohol or using any substance for a high and now I am rethinking that and wondering whether it might be better to just succumb to social norms.

• In your profile it says 30 already. Happy birthday.

Personally I'd definitely drink if there were more clubs where I live. I drink at home mostly and I'm almost 25.

What Girls Said 9

• Yes...
    I never used to drink - any alcohol... then after my first year in college, I started drinking for fun (when out my friends, etc). My ex drank quite often (enjoyed drinking) and always made me drinks at parties or bought them for me when we were out... We always got drunk when we were out - that's how all our fights started.
    When we broke up, I was a heavy drinker when I went out... I drink almost everything and geet rather drunk when Im out with friends and have a good time.
    I never drink at home nor during the weekdays, only when I'm out with friends at the club, predrinking or partying. Now I also drink if Im just going out for a drink or two and meeting a friend that's it... But rather than that, no... I guess I became a social drinker aand a party drinker (hardcore at paarties) but at home, I am never interested in it nor think about it nor want it... So I guess I am a mixture of 3 drinking levels of alcohol.
    - Non drinker at home
    - Social drinker at events
    - Drinker at parties. (4+ and almost everything.)

HBD btw!

• Eh, I am more aware of what I need to be tipsy and what I need to be drunk after a few alcohol mistakes in my youth. Now when I drink I stop after a certain point where I am still coherent and aware of my surroundings, I don't make it a habit try to get to a point where I think I couldn't speak up for myself or get myself to a bed safely. I've only ever blacked out twice, but it was enough for me to want to make sure that I used alcohol responsibly.

• I can't say I have, but then again I never really started drinking in the first place. If anything the only difference may be now that I'm of age to drink I'll just try different things simply because I can but its not very often I do that.

• No way! lol since I am not allowed!

• I've changed dramatically. And learned I don't like the complete lack of productivity the day after. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!🎂🍰🎂🍰🎂🍰☮💜😊

• Nope. I've never really been interested in drinking and only do so here and there.

• yea i used to never drink and now im ok with having a cuca beer every once in a while due to my drunk family who always makes capatica or mongozo which are alcoholic!

• i dont think im there yet im always looking for a reason to be wasted. sometimes im just like fk that was stupid but im not there yet i drink too much and regretfully hopefully no one sees me this way.. its prob embarrassing as fk

• I use to drink but I don't drink at all anymore