I'm 19 years old, I have no job and I don't have a place to live in... what do I do?

I'm 19 years old and I've been struggling a lot to keep it together. I have had 2 jobs in the past 7 months, one at a low-key cafe where I was only 20 dollars a SHIFT. It wasn't much money but it got me food, the second job was in an office. I lost BOTH jobs because I wasn't qualified... I don't understand how I wasn't qualified, I tried so so so hard.. I really wanted these jobs. I have had 0 luck. I come to my local library everyday filling out applications, and going to stores and restaurants asking and begging and I've had no luck. I don't have a car, I don't really have anyone that can help me. Right now, I live with my "father" and he makes me pay 1000 in rent for my room, and I know if I don't have it he'll kick me out again. I have friends but we aren't close and they come from families with a lot of money and I'm very embarrassed about all of this... I'm not sure what to do, please help me. I'm running out of options and I don't want to resort to doing anything illegal..

It doesn't help that I've suffered from depression and pts for most of my life honestly... I've tried suicide on several occasions, obviously didn't work if I'm still here.
I haven't really eaten a real meal in a long time.. depending on what amount of $$ I have on me, half of that would be what I would eat during the day, other half is to save. sometimes it's nothing and I can get some candy, or I can get a bag of chips, a soda, maybe a pizza. I've lost a lot of weight, but I've been eating less now for some reason. I don't really get hungry anymore and I'm able to go days without eating.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's terrible what you're going through. And I don't know what to tell you to make your situation better or to cheer you up. It sounds like you're doing the best you can and if you keep that up, I'm 100% positive something will come through for you. I don't know what the deal is with your father and why he seems to be making the situation worse, that makes no sense to me. Maybe you should try opening up to your friends about the situation. I'm sure they would love to help you the best they can. Even better would be if you have other family to reach out to who would be supportive. There are agencies out there who will work with you to find work, you should look into those. And if the situation truly gets dire, I'm sure there are shelters located nearby. I sincerely hope everything works out for you, be safe.

• thank you for being so kind

What Guys Said 2

• he is your father, but he will kick you out? wow... what kind of father is he?
    Parents would just want their children to be happy in their life , your father is not really a good father i guess...
    My father would do anything for me , even if he has just money to eat, he would make me eat, but he wouldn't eat...
    of course i would do the same, i would take care of my family, i would make them eat, but i would not eat instead (if its not enough money for me to eat)

• yes, my father never really wanted me. why I'm living with him? still complicated. i wish i had my mom.

• i am single, i dont have any kids. But i think like that in advance, if i had any kids i would do anything to make them happy... like they must be full, but its okay if im still hungry
      if they eat, i will feel im eating too...
      :)

• i wish i could help you..
      but im still studying lol

• Depending on the city you live in there should be a number of temp agencies, you should shoot for those. you're almost guaranteed employment albeit temporary through one of those. A lot of the time it can become permanent.

What Girls Said 0