Do you support the idea of Men's Rights Advocacy?

• Yes
  • No
If you're egalitarian like me, I don't see why we'd have an issue with the idea of people helping men wherever help may be needed, just as women's groups are supposed to. Like, why would you have a problem with the mere existence of the idea? 30% of people don't like equality?
by the way, wtf is having "more rights"? Assuming people even know what rights they or others have, having more doesn't mean you're better off or privileged somehow. It is the summation of rights, the overall treatment under the law that would determine legal equality/privilege.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• I'm fine with it when the intention genuinely is to get equal rights for men and it's not just an excuse to bitch at feminism.

• And if Feminism was resisting equal rights for men then isn't that a totally legitimate reason to "bitch"? And by bitch I mean offer critical analysis of their theories and research.

• I've heard them talk about all those issues you listed. Although Blacks and Asians being targeted by police is a race issue as well, being male is far more likely to get you targeted by police that being Black or Asian.

With all it's "no platforming" and whatnot, feminism seems like the group that doesn't want to work together more than Men's Right's groups do. Feminists declared egalitarianism a "men's rights project" as way of distancing themselves from it. It really seems like they don't want to work with anyone.

What low blows?

• I'm not a great supporter of the Mne's Rights movement, but your statement is disingenuous.

" [I] have not seen any men's rights activists groups talk about things that matter"

1) Rights for trans men, LGBTQ+ men -- That's not a men's right's issue. They already have many, many groups supporting LGBTQ blah, blah rights.

3) the disproportionate rate in which black and Asian men are targeted by the police -- Again, not a men's rights issue. That's what the civil rights laws are for, and again there are multiple groups supporting these causes.

The only issue you raised, that is a legitimate men's rights issue was #2 the unfairness of law courts against men -- This is a legitimate issue, but this will never be solved because the only answer is for women to be incarcerated at equal rates, and that will never happen. The director of NAMBLA will be put in charge of child protective services first.

• I don't think white men or men in general are missing any rights in particular.
    Other than the right to say if a fetus can be terminated. You shouldn't sleep with someone without knowing the risks of the woman getting pregnant. And know she has the right to terminate a child if she wishes not to carry it.
    If the idea of that bothers men too much, don't sleep with someone with different moral as such or don't sleep around.

If guys are having one night stands they probably don't care too much about that anyways. If you are with your girlfriend and having sex know the risks and share the same belief on abortion or make damn sure you don't get her pregnant.

• Neutral statement, since I am not exactly fond of the MRA groups either: If you go by your logic you can also argue that there is no point in feminism in the west either, because women aren't missing any rights in particular here as well.

• Run along little girl. It's becoming tedious having to deal with you every month. Contraception is not just a man's responsibility and anything that happens thereafter isn't just a woman's. Now off you pop and burn your bra.

• @NoAbyss you sound very immature for someone so very old.
      And if you're getting tired of me then you should stop responding and honestly should have never sommented in the first place. You make the choice to not a put a condom on so it's still your fault. She can do whatever the hell she pleases with her body and that includes abortion.

• Yes, I do. But just as I disregard the opinions of most feminists who are just misandrists in disguise, I ignore the nonsense that comes from many MRAs who are just looking for a method to bitch about women.
    Ideally, we could join together and make sure we ALL share the same rights and responsibilities. People of both sexes seem to be clinging to this gender divide, though.

• Yes

Why wouldn't I?

As long as they kept things really just about men's rights and did not take the oportunity to bash women while at it

Im all for men's rights as long as it is really just about men's rights.

• That's totally pointless tho?

• I think it's got more of a point than feminists complaining about sexist air conditioning.

• See that's the issue, you're projecting and cannot see past your own bias.

What happened in history is utterly irrelevant, because then everyone would have to repent for everyone else.

You can't correct history's mistakes (also, the historical oppressions you speak of, there are practically none that amount to "oppression") but if everyone had to correct, then whites should pay blacks reparations for the slavetrade 200 years ago, despite modern day whites having nothing to do with it, and then middle eastern people would have to pay everyone reparations for the ottoman empire, and whites would also have to be given reparations for the irish slavetrade, it's all one big fucking mess, and you can't adjust for it. you cannot correct the past, you can only decide what you do today. you don't have a time machine and you're not Phil From The Future. An action today can and will never change what happened yesterday. I don't know why you think what happened yesterday even matters.

• @Exmorted I found someone who knows about the Irish! Don't agree wth a lot of your views but yeah I agree with the

• What rights do men not already have?

• do they not have more rights than us

• I'm legitimately asking here, what would be the purpose? What rights would you be advocating for?

• I agree with the concept, not what many of the members actually do. I've argued with countless MRAs from time to time, and they are the most mind baffling upchucked remains of genetic waste humanity has to offer. They'll deem you a 3rd wave feminist for simply not agreeing with their every word, and from that label; they'll then start bringing in topics regarding the gender wage gap that has NOTHING to do with the actual conversation. Fucking degenerates. I thrive on their emasculation. But that being said, if an MRA is actually fighting for male rights, and not just using the title as an excuse to piss on anyone who disagrees with them on a single sentenced YouTube comment, I'm all for it.

• GTFO men have all the rights. Especially white men

• they already have it...

• women have more rights in western nations.

• @dudeman No it's men who have more right. I live in a western country but guys is paid 20 % more than women... So I don't see where women have advantage

What Guys Said 20

• I fully support their movement. Women have become a privileged class whose issues have all been resolved. They don't have to sign up for the draft in countries that have it (except in Israel where everyone does), they win the majority of child custody cases by default, they receive lower prison sentences for the same crime, they can have an abortion even if the man wants to keep the baby, on the other hand they can force a man to pay child support if he wanted an abortion and decided to leave instead, they can damage a man's reputation by falsely accusing him of rape with most cases ending in the man's conviction even if he's innocent. Male victims of abuse also don't get the same help as women and are usually ignored and told to man up.

There are so many things to fight for in the name of men's rights, I just mentioned a couple. I wish the MRAs the best since I know their battle isn't a easy one. They get called misogynists simply for the name of their group and their views are often trivialized.

• Nope. They moan about how unfair life is while failing to do diddly, tend to be unprincipled oddballs, and seem to have heavy overlap with misogynists like the Neo-Cad movement (as I like to call PUAs) and those Red Pill bozos.

I believe that both genders are able to be contributing members of society in both the public and domestic spheres, though one sphere has to take the spotlight at a time for any given person. I believe in equality before the law in most regards (no draft for women), and in equality of value. By and large, society already has this structure, though maybe the pendulum's swung a little too far in the current direction. I also believe that men are men and women are women, and there is a difference. Men ought to show special respect for women, and women special respect for themselves. Men are society's defenders, women her nourishers. Both can be thinkers, leaders, and planners, but the contributions brought to the table are different. Charles Martel was a great French military figure, so was Joan of Arc, but nobody ever accused them of being interchangeable. So no, I don't believe in the MRA's silly and androgynous society, I believe in a society where men and women have their own pedestals, equally tall, and close enough to hold hands.

• I support the concept and values, but not the movement. Like PETA. Like Feminism

All MRA does is whine about women and feminism, while feminism just whines and incriminates men, and does whatever they can to emasculate them

• I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that but ok.

• Actually @Kylesar is more or less correct.

That being said, if we want a truly equal society then there's a lot of cases of rape and domestic abuse that will need to be re-examined. And there shouldn't be a negative backlash when men's groups try to create havens for beaten and abused men. Especially Vets since the largest portion of homelessness is made up of the aging population of male vets.

• Not exactly, no. Men already have all the rights, but I think the issue is dealing with double standards and unfairness with issues. I support guys when legislatures are actually trying make guys sex offenders for sexting but not women, especially if she's the one who sent a naked pic and he didn't. I support guys when feminists are bitching about males being rapists. And I always support fathers struggling in custody cases with dirty mothers using their kids in the middle to get at their dad.

• Of course, I do. I've seen men get falsely accused of rape. And I don't like how some women are hypocritical. They claim to be strong and independent women, yet they rely on alimony?

If women want gender equality, I'm good with that, but they need to work as hard as the men and stop expecting the world to give them free things.

• Nah. It's not really going to help anyway. We had a really good civilisation for a while and now that civilisation is being destroyed by libtards and their friends from the bullshit brigade with Palpatine as their biggest supporter. I don't care anymore. The future is dead.

• US has become strongly anti-white male. If I were starting out, I would change citizenship. I suspect with technology today coupled with mobility that the US will find an outflow of rich people and an inflow of poor given the anti-white, anti-male, and anti-wealth attitude. White flight on a national scale.

• I support everyone having rights and I advocate for all.

• It's high time men did stand up for their rights. The feminazis have all but destroyed any confidence American men had. That's why so many of us go
    abroad to find love. We're not wrong.

• The problem with stuff like this is it's always right wing nut bags who do the talking so any reason is lost to their wider politics.

• Agh, the Coalition for Reason is strong here

• Is it the right to pee in an alley? Because the whole "indecent exposure" thing is ridiculous.

• I don't support that just like a don't support feminism in the United States.

• im fine with it

• Yes, I do.

• Men's rights guys are usually just misogynists.

• Are you sure that attitude isn't formed from feminist influence?

• Well, I am a feminist so, maybe it is.

• Omg omg omg to the girls who said "yes" Much love to y'all! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• I've noticed nearly half of women said. They are such misandrist.

• No..