Am I an asshole for having the following opinions?

I think liberal arts majors are stupid, Islam is not a religion of peace and feminism is bullshit.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• No, more like just generally wrong. If you were proud of being wrong it would hypothetically make you a stupid asshole if that makes you feel any better though.

• he is not being generally wrong. Those views of his are more correct than the opposing views.

• Nope, I've looked it up and you're wrong, and nothing you say will ever change that fact.

• @bones90 Judging by the way you post ideas I'm pretty sure you didn't XD

• i agree with the first, kinda agree with the second and kinda agree with the third.

1. you should graduate college with an actual skill; liberal arts degrees are fairy dust
    2. islam is just a religion, the way its interpreted can be peaceful and not peaceful
    3. modern feminism is usually taken out of proportions but actual feminism is not bullshit

• Liberal Arts: no idea.

Islam: a lot of members of Islam are super peaceful and lovely. A lot of them are raging ISIS idiots - the problem is that the violent ones are crazy, the problem is not Islam itself. To judge all of Islam by the actions of a few crazies doesn't make you an asshole, but it does make you sound quite ignorant! Maybe try to meet some Muslims, there are bound to be some cool ones.

Concerning feminism: feminism isn't about hating men, it's about making the world better for both sexes- men and women! Maybe read more about feminism, then make up your mind? Emma Watson's UN Speech basically summed it up. There's a good summary of it here (see points 5 and 6 especially).

in my opinion, judging something as bad doesn't necessarily make you an asshole, but judging something as bad when you don't know much about it - and doing so to make yourself feel better or bigger somehow - that's asshole behaviour.

• As far as Islam goes, me judging Islam as a religion of war has nothing to do with ISIS. It has to do with the founding of Islam, how it spread, and how it found a place in history. It only ever spread through war, with most present-day Muslim nations being stolen from Christians through conquest, the slaughter of innocents, rape, and looting.

Without mass slaughter, forced conversion, and the rampant Arab slave trade, Islam would probably not exist as a religion.

• @jacquesvol No, and your strawman is pathetic.

It's really quite simple: when Christians "invaded" land, it was almost always because they were trying to reclaim land that was conquered from them. Or, in the cases of the recently converted Goths, they were allowed in by the Romans, and political conflicts resulted in war. These actions are rooted in justification that would've been sensible to their contemporaries.

Islam conquest was nothing like that. Neither the Eastern Romans, the North Africans, the Persians, nor the Visigoths posed any economic, political, or military threat to the Islamic Arabs, but the Arabs invaded their lands anyways. They butchered, raped, looted, and enslaved without any other justification than Jihad and spreading the Islamic faith. Christians almost never did this.

• @TheSpartan "It's really quite simple: when Christians "invaded" land, it was almost always because they were trying to reclaim land that was conquered from them."
      Like Spain invading the Americas, G B and France invading North America, other European countries invading Africa etc, the list is too long. All reclaiming some stolen land land?
      Do you really think the Romans, France, Iberia and North Africa *wanted* a Vandal and Goth invasion? I showed you the map of the Byzantine empire. Do you really think all these countries wanted a Byzantine invasion?
      Don't make a joke out of it.

• I would think so, yes. But I don't think many people are really going to care.

• No its not stupid.

• No I don't think so.

• Then let's rot in hell together 👌

• I think anon doesn't know how to use a comma.

What Guys Said 22

• Well considering that you're asking that, I guess you're reconsidering your position. You're allowed to have your own opinion, but you should try to back it up with evidence for support. Otherwise, it's more of a statement than an actual, strong opinion. Ask yourself why you think the way you do.

Why are liberal arts majors "stupid"? What benefits to society and the world might they have that I'm not seeing. What happens to people who have liberal arts degrees? Are there any particular arts I do not find legitimate or are they all nonsense?

Why do I think Islam isn't a religion of peace? Is it because of terror groups? Is it because of something that is said in their holy book? What doesn't makes Islam a religion of peace, and how does my evidence compare to other religions?

Why is feminism "bullshit"? Is it the people and supporters? Do I not agree with their positions on certain issues? Do I not find their positions and arguments convincing enough? Do I feel it's a personal attack against me as a male?

• if you have to ask...

• i dont either agree with any form of political baed arts

like any religion there are people on both sides of the spectrum of good and bad but i will say their dogmas is genereally something i do not fully indorse

feminisim in its third wave has spun away from its true meanings with the actions character asasination, word shamming and emotional bully tactics it uses

so though i do not fully agree with you in some ways, i respect your right to be able to have a differing point of view :)

• Yeah but don't worry about it everyone is an assole to some degree you shouldn't feel ashamed and be anonymous be proud of who you are and don't hide behind your mask cause that's what cowards do.

• 1) I have no opinion
    2) Islam is absolutely a religion that preaches hatred and violence. There's no 2 ways about that
    3) Feminsts make up BS that doesn't even exist. Example, pay gap. If women got paid $.77 for every dollar a man makes, first of all that would be completely illegal, second of all, why would a company ever hire any men at all? If women worked for $.23 less per hour, wouldn't the company try to save that money by hiring all women?

• Well, I'd say so. College should only exist for humanities. STEM was never supposed to be a part of the University. Those things should be separated from the University entirely.

Feminism is bullshit in the same way abolitionism was bullshit.

Islam is a stupid religion. So that much is true,

• Islam, I ain't gonna judge you on what u said about Islam. Every body has their opinions.

• Steve Jobs was a liberal arts major and he might have been the most instrumental person in bringing us to the information age...

• I agree with you on all points.

• You are for the people who do not belong in these groups.

• No, you're simply a rational person with correct views.

• Some would consider you to be an asshole.
    I agree with you on two of the three, but I've accepted that I carry an unpopular opinion.

• u read my mind tbh

• I ain't gonna jugde you

• Well depends on what you think I ain't gonna judge you

• Like it lol no everyone gets their own opinions!

• No your not an asshole for those views, and you're not wrong either.

• Maybe, arguable, yes

• No. You're an asshole for not being able to back up your opinions with more than popular drivel.

• Sounds right actually. Liberal Arts majors end up in debt with no job, Islam is killing millions and most of them are other muslims, and feminism is just a bunch of people who havn't put on their big girl panties.

• Really depends on how you express them. That's more of a question of your personality. Look, I think Christians are insufferable, close minded and kinda crazy. Yet I have friends, acquaintances, coworkers that are Christian. Never have a problem interacting with them. It's never an issue... ever.

Well you're right, all those are opinions. That being said opinions aren't really facts. I find those that believe their opinions are facts are usually assholes anyways despite what they believe in.

• no you are not because all of those things are true.