Would you be able to have gone to college without FAFSA or government help?

I am certain that some of you have earned scholarships and have wealthier families. I am just curious how large that population actually is since I was talking to someone about how important it is to have public college funding even though they argued that it is a multi-billion dollar debt trap where students do not necessarily graduate or make enough money to repay the investment into them.

• Yes, I had scholarships or other sources of funding
  • No, I would never be able to attend school
  • Yes, but I would have had to worked through it, and definitely not have gone to the school I am in now

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah my dad is paying for it... But I only take 2 classes!

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I think most people don't even realize how much the government has helped them out, it's really ungrateful actually.
    Without Stafford loans and my academic tuition scholarship I worked hard for, I would not have been able to go to college.

• I agree. I am trying to convince my economics cohorts of that but all they do is stare at the numbers I swear.

What Girls Said 2

• The answer is yes, I don't feel like explaining myself though

• loans bruh

• The loans are guaranteed mostly by the government. Even most private loans actually have government backing.

• damn i didn't read the "or govt help" part. Nah I wouldn't, I would have to sell myself to scholarships and donations, work. It would take years before I could go to school.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I attended on a full scholarship. But that was over 30 years ago.

• not a chance in hell

• Colleges are just fancy liberal camps. Thats why the socialist government wants young people in it. I've never been on college and here i am just fine just fine.