If God doesn't make mistakes then why do people with transsexualism exist?

I am legitimately curious as to your thoughts on this. How is it possible to be born the wrong sex when you are handcrafted by God?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm an atheist so I believe that God doesn't exist.
    But if he did, I'd be more curious about why child molesters, animal abusers, serial killers, etc, exist. Those seem way bigger "mistakes".

• All of the things you listed are choices so that isn't even really an interesting question due to human Free Will. The answer is "because they chose to."

• @BlueCoyote Molesting someone is always a choice. As for being a serial killer I can agree there. What you're referring to is the inherent temptation of man which I find fascinating in and of itself specifically because of the fact that man cannot contain or control his urges but very well can and does contain and control his behaviors. Many pedophiles for instance know that child molestation is wrong and worse many child molestors are not actually pedophiles but instead predatory entities simply taking advantage of an opportunity. As for cause related to trauma we know now that humans are not so victim to their pasts that they cannot control themselves and in that sense must be held accountable. There are people who are domestically violent who come from violent homes but we do not give them a pass for it because regardless of their upbringing they know their behaviors are wrong and also are given resources to stop. But this is off-topic. Another thread.

• She's got a point, transsexuals should be the least concern although I'm also atheist too

Most Helpful Guy

• If God doesn't make mistakes then why are there so many miscarriages
    If God doesn't make mistakes then why are there so many people born with an incuable illness?
    If God doesn't make mistakes then why did he create a worm eating the eye of a starving child in Africa?
    ---

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent.
    Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent.
    Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?

Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)

• I hadn't even thought of miscarriages!
      I mean the other ones are not really a thing, having an incurable disease for instance is just a by-product of The Fall and human ignorance rather than God's failings and the parasite thing falls under the same notion in which it is just nature taking its course plus the lack of inviolability due to The Fall.

Also, Epicurus is fun, but he made a lot of errors with that particular argumentation. The core error is actually the second notion which plays out the same in humans:

If we took a father, plain and simple, who loves his children then obviously he will not want them to be in pain but is he malevolent for letting his child fall when he is learning to walk even though he knows it is uncomfortable and painful?

They are the exact same problem. Intervening over what is "considered" evil but may really be the natural course of things is not malevolence. Sometimes it is for the greater good. I feel so bad for Epicurus due to the bastardizatio.

• I would think, if nothing else, we would, as rational men of this age, not presume that if undocumented when there is plenty of documentation for the sayings and teachings of a man that this man made those statements. It is expertly recognized that there are no records of him saying it, which is not to say that the man ignored the topic, but from what we have of the man and his teachings they were not his main focus.

There's no reason to believe he ever said this. There is plenty of reason to believe it is a mistake in history perhaps made by a man who knew just enouhg of Greece.

• Skepticism was a school of thinking in ancient Greece. There are too many references to it to ignore its existence.
      The name of an author can we doubted -even about Shakespeare doubts were emitted- the culture and ideas existed.

What Girls Said 5

• because the person is the one that is making the mistake. God provides answers that are accurate in the bible but people go and make their own ways.

• No, he doesn't. God created the person THAT WAY. And then he later comes along, supposedly, and then outlaws it. It's science. If god created nature that way, and he doesn't like it, then it's his fault and his problem.

• @MasterofPlebs alright first of all just because transexual say something about their psycology doesn't mean its the truth, they grow in some way so that's why they are like that they didn't born like that, that is a lie of the internet and hasn't never been proven to be true, other thing its so easy to blame god all the problems people have but not the good things have you ever say thank you for: your family? your money? your life? no? then dont blame him for your problems either

• Life is not supposed to be perfect. Heaven is.

• That is very true. I have to admit that I also didn't consider that either.

• There is no God. End of story.

• Because God is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Better question though: why do murderers, abusers, rapists, child molesters and racists exist?

• Well I don't believe in a God so...

• Why are you telling me this? I mean you are free to not believe in a God which is fine but why tell me you don't? Is it for the Xper? I mean it isn't a question you can answer because the premise doesn't apply to you.

I find it fascinating that people do that.

• Well either way, I believe that everyone makes mistakes. Even this hypothetical God that you speak of

• So do you think that at least one of God's mistakes could be attributed to Transsexualism?

What Guys Said 27

• I am Atheist and a programmer as such I will go by the route of a programmer and a logical being. A human being or any other animal are rather complex organisms, the more complex something is then bigger the chance of bugs or defects. Look at all operating systems they are multi layered programs with many libraries and executables, there are millions of 1 and 0 operations each second and yet they are flawed. A computer program has bugs, and it's created by a programmer (God) do you think this programmer would not want his program to be perfect? But sadly perfection is a delusion as such there will always be defects or bugs. Be it in humans, animals or computer code. No one is perfect, never was and never will be. Be it by God's doing or simply because living organisms are so complex that defects are bound to happen on genetical level.

• I'm an atheist, but I have to say I absolutely love this analogy. (:

• The question here is whether or not an omniscient being can't handle complex programs. The problem with your analogy is very simple: You're not omniscient. Coding is both a mixture of taking previously attained knowledge and trial and error and works like any other human science where advancement is built off of a previous base. Omniscience doesn't require that previous base, it is complete knowledge, so if humans were to have complete knowledge of something then there would be no bugs in that something. To make it exceptionally clear mathematical anomalies like.9999... = 1 are a problem. 3/3 = 1 but also equals.9999 ... suggests that the human exploration of mathematics and patterns in the universe is far from complete.

But it was a good try. I do like that you made that point specifically because you defined when failure and error happens which is solely for creatures who learn instead of those who simply know.

• @RedThread I'm a programmer so talking using programming was easier and it's easier to understand vs DNA. DNA is tricky as there is DNA and RNA, with DNA being made up of 4 different genetic markers as were machine code is only 2 markers (1 and 0 aka True or False)

• Be happy that God makes mistakes cause otherwise you wouldn't exist.

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../buddy_christ.jpg

• His parents made the mistake god doesn't give a shit.

• Lol go do your homework kids instead of acting tough in the internet

• I didn't claim that He made a mistake. I asked if transsexualism can be considered a mistake. If it isn't a mistake then it isn't but people being born the wrong sex seems like a mistake so really the question is "Presuming God is real, where does transsexualism come from?" I am sorry if you read it as my insinuating that transsexuals are errors.

• Maybe to God they aren't mistakes and only humans perceive them that way :/

Or maybe it has something to do with free will, like maybe the genetics of who you choose to settle down with, what age you choose to conceive, and what the mom chooses to put into her body during pregnancy somehow effects the likelihood of a child being transsexual. I don't know just guesses :/

• Why are children born with cancer?
    why are some people born mentally ill and destined to kill someone?
    because god does mistakes because he's not real.

• if He is not real, as u say, then He does not, in fact, make mistakes

See the error in logic here? XD

• the answer is God did not make it

It just happened

• God is omniscient and omnipotent but omnipotence allows for the ability to control omniscience so God knows of all paths you can take but doesn't allow Himself the knowledge of the path you will take. To make the idea more manageable imagine you have four cards with different colors on the back. So you can offer another person one of these cards, you know what the colors are so you know the possibilities that they can choose, but you don't actually know which one they will choose regardless of predictions. It's about the same as I understand it.

• Did you not read Genesis 3? Romans 1? Hebrews? The

• The answers are in there. Too bad my phone glitches so much, or I would tell you more.

• Or maybe... just maybe... there is no such God?

I know, right? Mind blown.

• I personally believe we were never meant to be built flawless. The whole point is to go through life with your problems and come out the other way a better person. What better way to teach some vain asshole humility than send him here horribly deformed.

• Have you considered the possibility that there is no (little g) god?

• Doesn't effect the question since the question presumes God exists. If there is no God then there's no problem much like how if Empiricism is bullocks then all of modern science is too since it is built off of it. We simply presume that Empiricism is true.

• Then why didn't Santa Claus leave you any presents under the tree last Christmas?

• Actually the idea is that Adam and Eve were handcrafted by God, and that everyone else was born from a vagina or c section. And that after the fall, and as time went on, DNA corruptions happen, birth defects happen, your face is not perfectly symmetrical, acne, whatever.

• So then transgenderism is just corruption of human DNA? Also, Psalm 139 disagrees that only Adam and Eve were handcrafted though that could be taken as allegory though again even that is a stretch in context of the song. Also the story of Job pretty much revolves around God having some form of dominion over the creation of humans as does the story of Samson.

That aside it is possible that it is DNA corruption, an illness, and if it is that God sees it as allowable.

• I would say transgender ism is a mental disorder. Or just a really messed up lifestyle choice.

• I can cope with that. That so far seems to be the general assessment.

• Because you have free will, to do with AS you will.

If genital mutilation is your thing, then go for it if you must. But every action has a consequence, beneficial or malignant.

• You can argue so many things outside transsexuals. We look at god when we need faith, or hope. Truthfully, if we expect god to do something for us, or give us all equal opportunity and equal rights/privilege, then we're just delusional.

In the past, if something needed to be achieved, it was fought for, and that doesn't necessarily mean war. I'm saying things out of context here, but technically no person, place, or thing is perfect.

• Do you know god does not exist? Just a myth made up by some people a long time ago.

• How do you know that God does not exist? The greatest fall of mankind throughout all of history is taking a lack of evidence as evidence. It is why homosexuality was once branded as a disease, why many completely curable disorders were branded as impossible to work with, and why people believe all sorts of nonsense that just couldn't be true such as your brain cannot heal.

• 1.) It's highly unlikely god exists.
    2.) Those folks are just mentally insane, anyone even remotely intelligent understands that.

• But who said they were a mistake? We are the ones putting words on God mouth.
    There's a full sexual taste collection, like colors, around.

• agree with this one too :)

• If transsexualism is purposefully created then this is a non-issue. You may very well be right.

• Also, they mostly wish to change sex because "we" are cruel to them, so theyf eel forced to physically change so we accept them better. Tha's my view in short thinking.

• Westboro would say that god created them to destroy them. I don't think god created anything, so that's what my answer would be.

• Christians brush that off as a "choice", just like homosexuality and several other "unnatural" things.

• Which God are you talking about? There are thousands of gods that people believe in.
    It really depends on the theology's idea of God and what traits that God has.

• Well i am an atheist so you can imagine my answer.

• You're presuming that God individually crafts every person.

• Don't let religious people tell you what God does. They have no clue.

• can you prove that people are handcrafted by God?

• Because god is for people who are afraid of death. And for those afraid of evil.

• So are traditions, beliefs in eventuality, and positive affirmations most of which are rooted in nothing at all. This is not a question of what you consider God to be good for.

• Nobody is born the wrong sex. One of the most ridiculous statements people believe in.

• Because they're not mistakes?

• there is no God, for him to make mistakes.

• because there is no god, and we came to be out of dumb luck.

• There is no God. There is your answer.