I dont see the point of butt-lifting pants?

whats the point of these pants? I mean everyone knows people who wear them either a) doesn't have a perky butt or b) are insecure about the shape of their butt. Either way, its a bit odd in my opinion to wear them. Because of their signature look its really easy that someone is wearing them, and to me its like it says "I dont think my butt looks good so i'll wear these pants to make my butt look perkier than it is".

In the long run it doesn't "fix" anything: everyone knows your butt doesn't really look like that and your butt won't change (assuming they want a perky butt)

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't we all try to dress in flattering clothes? I think we are all a tad bit insecure about the way we look. There's always something that could be changed or improved upon. I don't see how that's any different than someone wearing a form fitting shirt or loosely fit clothing if they're more heavy set.

We are all lying a bit about our appearance.

• i get that, but its just that its so obvious and it has that signature look that makes it obvious you have an insecurity that, and i dont get that. I feel the same way about heavy makeup, photoshop, hold ins etc. all just temporary solutions that doesn't fix your issue at all. But again im someone who has a lot insecurities but rarely share them, for me thats a "privat" thing. so it could all be me lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Well no one has to know you don't have that butt, in my opinion they just make your butt look a bit nicer but it doesn't change your shape or size much, I mean they're just pants, what pants can do to your butt? Unless they are padded or something (those I find really stupid), I own some but I didn't know they were push up ones until I had them home, not that I regretted either

• no one with a decent perky butt is going to wear them because they dont have to. Its like girls with big boobs wearing padded bras or a wonderbra

• Yeah Im like you, I like it more natural, I barely wear any make up and my bras are barely padded, actually guys get surprised I'm not fake when I strip xD

• padded*

What Guys Said 2

• you see a point and wear tons of make up or push up bras? there is so many fake stuff...

• i almost never wear makeup, when i do i always wear just a little bit. I do often feel like im "pretending" to look different than i do when i wear it, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. My boobs are quite big, there is no need for a push up bra

• if girls want a great ass all they have to do its squad... but its more easy sit their ass's and watch tv. want a good skin eat healthy

• well, yeah..

• Kind of gimmicky

What Girls Said 6

• maybe it is just a fad like the push up bras. I think VS is going no push up bras are sexy right now. It might be no pad in butt is sexy now. You know? Some times companys think of things that can sell because they just want to make money.

• im not talking about the store or the brand, its the women who buys them and uses them

• Same goes for push up bras. People know your boobs probably aren't that perky, and a push up bra isn't going to make them that perky. So what's the point of them?

• I agree, but at the same time push up bras rarely have a signature look or tag that makes it very obvious unless they are really pushing them up.

• Logic still stands though. People do it because it makes their butt look good, even temporarily. Just the same as girls who wear push up bras to make their boobs look good temporarily.

It's a fashion fad that may or may not go out of style you just have to let it run its course. It doesn't negatively effect you so I don't understand the big issue.

• its only an issue because i dont understand it.. im trying to understand why people would do it, in my opinion its a bit odd to be honest

• hmmm well i guess they're as same as push up bras

• I agree. I love pants that makes your butt look great by lifting and shaping, but with those exact pants people just know you're wearing them to make your butt appear rounder and firmer.

• Cos guys are easily fooled.

• let the saggy butted people live their lives! it makes their ass-ets (haha) look better

• they can do what they want, i just dont get it