Wax or Shave? Which is Better?

• Wax
  • Shave
  • I'm not sure

Most Helpful Guy

• Wax is better, cause it's smoother, but it's more painful.
    I don't wax, I shave.

Most Helpful Girl

• Which part of the body? It depends. I would rather shave my body and wax or pluck my eyebrows. I think shaving private areas can be done well, but I've also heard pros for waxing, so, it depends on the individual I guess. I have heard about terrible ingrown hairs for waxing private areas and bad itching. So, I will probably stick to shaving.

I think creams for hair removal is a good option too, it just kinda smells bad and for me caused bumps.

What Guys Said 1

• I know two ladies that go for Hollywood waxes every so often. Smooth finish, but can be painful to say the least. Both say it's worth it!

What Girls Said 20

• Waxing is a million times better. Of course that method hurts like a bitch but if you ask me I'd say the pain is worth it. Everything feels so perfectly smooth, it's amazing. And that smoothness remains for a lot longer than shaving.

• It's better to wax because you're getting the whole hair follicle out, both you can get ingrown but more likely to when you're shaving. Waxing also lasts a lot longer

• A good wax definitely does a better job and lasts longer but it is not the most pleasant thing to endure (not to mention costly if you have it done by a professional). But WOW are you smooth after!

Shaving (I find) is good for a few days, then the dreaded cactus stubble comes back in.

I personally use both methods.

• I put some NAIRS!

• Waxing lasts longer and is much smoother, but it is also more expensive and a bit painful. I would prefer waxing if I could afford to get it done on a regular basis.

• Do your homework on which salons are good in your area for waxing..
    The most important thing is aftercare.. pat dry use ph neutral moisturiser even talc powders help keep your skin soft bump free and if the teachnician has done their job correctly you shouldn't have any ingrowns and you'll have a wax that lasts the distance.

• Waxing

• Waxing gives better results but shaving is less painful. There is also the risk of ingrown hairs with waxing that is greatly reduced if you shave as you only remove the hair at the skin level.

Always worth waxing at least once and seeing your SO's response. Mine goes completely ape when I do and I am guaranteed to have him go down on me for at least an hour.

Currently I am all natural.

• for better results, wax, 100%

• wax is better if you can
    laser even better.
    when you reach 18 I suggest laser

• I have only shaved, because I'm scared off waxing. Actually I have a waxing kit, but for me shaving works just fine. I do it whenever I feel like it, which would be like once every 3. month, so my hair on my legs keep natural, but I guess if you shave a lot, you'll get a lot of stiff and black hair. If you wax, I don't think you'll ever have that problem. But you might never get the hair back - so that's kind of sad...

• sugar

• Once you can overcome the pain barrier, waxing is definitely far more effective.

• Waxing is better

• Depends on what area of the body you're cleaning.

• Whatever gets the hair off

• if you dont mind pain, waxing is best but would suggest going to a salon x

• Depends what area, with gentles wax because shaving will cause the hair in that area to grow faster, the area to get a darker color and itchiness. As for the rest of your body shaving is fine as long as you are willing to do it more often. (NEVER SHAVE YOUR FACE)

• Wax. Yes, it's more painful, but your skin is smoother after it. Plus, there's not risk of cutting yourself.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more