Are you bitter about something that happened in your past, or, has it made you a better person?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm very cynical based on pillars of bitterness. I'm trying to find closure but it's difficult. I was one of those social outcasts back in the day. No women, few friends. It's made me a lot more of an aggressive person today. It gets me places. So if "better" is quantified based on life successes, than yes, hardship has made me better. If "better" means a nicer or more well rounded person, then it's a no. I'm more psycho than ever...

Most Helpful Girl

• i can honestly say that my past pains have made me better, but my current hurts... i still bleed. i know in time they'll probably become something wonderful, but at this moment, it doesn't feel that way.

What Guys Said 14

• Sometimes I feel bitter but that's just me being a whiny little turd. But usually bad experiences I try and use to help empathize with the sufferings that other people have.

• And why exactly is it that if you suffer then its you being a whiny little turd, but you have to empathize with other whiny little turds?

• It was a very painful lesson to learn and I wish that I did not have to learn it however I did and now I have to just move on.

• Hardships exist only to improve your being. Learning from difficult situations
    is what makes great humans.. great.

• how easy it must be to say that. I am bitter about every single thing. If you are damaged it does not make you "better". not if you take serious damage. people can heal from bullshit. they can't heal from a bullet to the brain and if they do they turn out more fucked up rather than better than before. saying that is just some optimistic stupid bullshit to get some idiot through their day.

• Everyone is entitled to look at life differently. I'm sorry you have such a pessimistic view of life. I hope one day you deal with the hurt you have experience and the find the closure you need.

• and im sorry you have such an optimistic view of life. i hope one day you deal with the eventual hurt you will not see coming due to your self-delusion.

• i see my past a a double edge sword. it makes me passive when working with someone i dont like but also its easy to use me as a door mat because i dont always stand up for my self.

• Something like that.

• its a mix of both for me but i think if i could i would erase my past.

• tell that too people who have been raped
    have had family murdered
    and the list goes on

truth is we need closure as human beings
    too make closure happen the person usually needs to kill the person
    it's just how it goes

• Everything in my past is what it was. And everything in my past has made me who I am today. That's all that I can say.

• Yes. These fucking posters get me bitter.

• bitter? better person? hell no.

• It's half and half. I'm very genuine but also bold I don't sugarcoat but I'm also more empathetic.

• My dad used to beat the shit out of me daily for years. He was a bit of a nasty prick. I've never really been able to form relationships or friendships since then so I guess I'm kind of bitter about it.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• I am bitter at love!

• I have been made bitter by some things in my past, but I do think from most of it I've become a better person.

• For the most part it has made me a better person buuuuuut, when it comes to certain guys and relationships then yes I am bitter.

• My past HAS made me much more resilient + independent in ALL aspects of my life.

ie: I only ever rely on me :)

• nah I was never really bitter

• yes I am bitter about something but I try to let it go

• I made a really bad decision in my past and it is still haunting me.