Overall, who has more Power: women or men?

We are talking about the Western world, not those countries where women aren't even allowed to leave the house.

• Women by far
    26% (5)19% (10)21% (15)Vote
  • women
    16% (3)13% (7)14% (10)Vote
  • both equally but in different ways
    21% (4)32% (17)29% (21)Vote
  • both equally in all areas
    0% (0)2% (1)1% (1)Vote
  • men
    32% (6)13% (7)18% (13)Vote
  • Men by far
    5% (1)21% (11)17% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Anyone?
Please explain why you think which gender has more power than the other

0|0
2|22

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• okay you kinda gotta define power

if you're talking like how many CEOs, it's men.

if you're talking who can have another person killed without a trace? I don't fucking know, but that's a lot of power.

0|2
    0|0
    • obviously that second one is obvious its Heisenberg who did it

• Men by far

Men and Women in the 112th Congress
    "While the partisan composition of the Congress is fairly close to that of the electorate, there are larger disparities between the Congress and the general citizenry in term of sex and race. In the House, there are currently 362 men and 76 women. In the Senate, there are 17 women and 83 men. "
    http://thisnation.com/congress-facts.html

0|0
    0|0
    • Well of course men make up most of congress, but remember that both men and women vote people into congress.

• Depends on what aspect of things you are talking about. there are a lot of aspects. and a lot of definition of the word "Power"...

0|0
    0|0
  • In what respect? Society? Workplace? Politics?

0|1
    0|0
  • *Bow to the legend. This song pretty much answers your question.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1-HM234DE

0|0
    0|0
  • Men do but women bitch so much and at the end the men give them what they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say both equally but in different ways.

It also depends on what traits you were born with.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes down to it not even one percent of the population have any real power so neither only a few people who are of the elite have power

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if a female is asking this question, it sounds like you're trying to imply power in more ways than just "dominance." In any case, I still voted Men by far.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men by far. We gave women power and if we wanted we could take it back and women wouldn't be able to stop us. TBH you should be more specific because I don't know what you mean when you say power.

0|0
    0|0
    • "we could take it back" You mean using physical force?

• With the use of physical force, and/or without its use. The same way we gave women power is the same way we can take it back.

• Women on earth so far 💁

0|0
    0|0
  • Socially? Women
    Legally? Women
    Financially? Men

0|0
    0|0
  • Professionally, Men.
    Socially, Women.
    Sexually, Women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men have a slight edge but it's close enough that I said "equal but in different ways".

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by power?

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely C.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have far more weapons available

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has power over me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Power how? If all men grouped up against all women it would be a very short affair. Your average woman enjoys more privileges than your average man. The top 1% of men enjoy more privileges than the top 1% of women.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do women enjoy more privileges than men?

• Preferential treatment educationally and in hiring, along with some legal areas and common comforts like having the nightlife cater to them and what not.

• 6'9 men has more mega power

0|0
    0|0
  • Men have more options and more control of their lives. Women are at a great disadvantage with respect to men because they want something from men which the men they want it from are not inclined to give and all they have to bargain with is something they want to give anyway. That's why they resort to so many psychological manipulations.

0|0
    0|0
    • Men have more options? I actually think they have less options. Women can engage in more masculine activities if they want; it's more stigmatized for men to engage in more feminine activities and/or act in a more feminine way. Women can stay home as a housewife if they want; men don't have that option. Men have to work.

• Also: "Women are at a great disadvantage with respect to men because they want something from men"
      You could say the same about men with women.
      And that thing is "sex".

• Seems to be equal but in different ways and areas

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1