Can a gay husband be jealous and possessive about his wife? Is it normal?

My partner is gay but he is so much obsessive of me, he does not even let me talk to any guy and feels jealous even if I talk with my relatives. He says to me to not to talk to any guy except him and also he feels so jealous if I talk to girls and he clearly says to never befriend with any boy except him and he wants that I spend all my time only with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah, the days of wine and neurosis!

• Means?

• Means things are getting more muddled by the day. He's neurotic X 10, and you're moving in that direction.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is far from normal and far from love. His obsession with you is not about you, it is about something broken deep inside of him that he needs to resolve. You are not protecting him by letting him cling to you, you are merely keeping him in a toxic relationship. Cutting him off completely could set off a suicide, but it is imperative for both of your lives that you each get therapy and separate to learn how to strengthen on your own for a while. If he ever threatens you or threatens his own life, call the authorities immediately because this is extremely serious.

What Guys Said 7

• Why are you with a gay man?

• VomitV who seems ungrateful? And which coverup?

• A beard is a gay man's girlfriend or wife who makes it seem like he's straight.

As for your question, this guy is a psycho. If he refuses to let others, even pets, be around you, then you need to separate. I don't know why you'd agree to a ridiculous sexless relationship like that, but if he's threatening to kill himself, then you need to go. More than likely he won't do it, and if he does, it's not as though he wasn't headed that direction anyway.

• So why did you marry him? Money? Does he expect you to remain celibate?

• No he does not earn and belongs from a poor family and yes he expects me to remain celibate forever

• That didn't answer the first question...

• Why are you married to a gay guy?

• Um what?

• That is psycho territory. There's being insecure and there's this.

• He'll have to learn to live with the jealousy until he comes out.

• Do you guys ever have sex?

What Girls Said 15

• Of course he's possessive. Literally everything you wrote about him was just a list of possessive traits, so clearly, he can be possessive. Honestly, it's not exactly normal for you to have a gay husband so meh, why expect any other part of this relationship to be normal?

• He does not want that the world get to know about him that he's gay and I also came to know about it after 2 and a half years of our relationship and I always loved him unconditionally and truly so even after knowing about him I'm still not able to separate because he always says that he will kill himself if I will go away from him. He says that he wants me forever and can't live without me and he gets extremely jealous of everybody who comes near me or talk to me or spend time with me even if that's a pet animal and he also does not allow anyone to touch even my pic and he's never ever interested in any girl of the earth except me. He does not like hugging kissing any girl but he's sick of cuddling with me and hugging me and he is not able to behave like this with any girl except me..

• Of course that's not normal. You are allowed to have your own friends and social circles. He should be able to trust you unless you give him reason not to. Why are you with a gay guy in the first place?

• I love him so I don't want to see him in any pain, I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to be the cause of his sadness and especially his death..

• He won't die. Get him to a therapist. If need be, call the police if he threatens to hurt himself.

• Why are you married to a gay guy is the part confusing me. Besides that he just sounds obsessive which is a deal breaker for me.

• First off, I'am so confused... a women dating a gay guy? and vice versa so how does that go? But is he even gay afterall?

• Why are you married if he is gay?

• Does he have a boyfriend? And or act on his gayness? If so, that's not fair.
    What does he expect u to do for the rest of ur life? U have needs too!

• I... how is he gay and married to you?

• May I ask why you married a gay man to begin with?

• You shouldn't be married to a gay guy in the first place.

• He sounds like an emotionally abusive psycho. I would leave before his jealousy turns to violence.

• Been there. Done that. Run. The end.

• But I'm afraid that he'll die or do something harmful with himself and probably he will be depressed..
      I love him so I don't want to see him in any pain, I don't want him to suffer especially because of me.. i don't want to hurt him and I don't want to be the reason and cause of his sadness and especially of his death..

• And I'm scared that he'll die without me and if this will happen then I can also be not alive if he'll die or do something with himself..

• You need to leave that son of a bitch.

• ... Why are you still with him?

• Yes, people feel interpersonal jealousy along with sexual kinds. This doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

• Not normal, maybe afraid about hisjob
    Is it time to ditch him? Does he fuck guys?

• He's probably bisexual.