If a ghost from the American Revolution offered you beer what would you do?

During the Revolutionary War, the town of Goose River, which is no known as Rockport, played an active role in the war for independence. It was the frequent site of raids by British soldiers looking for cattle, butter and guns. But it was also the scene of brutal guerilla warfare as the local people often fought back against the invaders. One of these patriots from Goose River was man named William Richardson. One night in 1779, an American privateer named Samuel Tucker captured a British ship that was loaded with goods bound for England. He captured the ship on the high seas and with British warships close behind, sailed for the coast of Maine. He needed a place to hide his plunder and realized Goose River would be the perfect place. He could sail up the narrow channel and shake off his pursuers. Unfortunately, Tucker was not familiar with the river, so he hired Richardson to guide him in. They hide the boat and then, under the cover of night, sailed the ship to safety.

Richardson was pleased to have done his bit, feeling as though he may have avenged the small community against the British. Before the war’s end, the town had been pillaged and burned by the Redcoats, so in 1783, when the Treaty of Paris was signed and the war ended with an American victory, the people of Goose River decided to celebrate.

The biggest party was thrown by William Richardson, complete with feasting and barrels of ale. Richardson had more than his share of alcohol that night, and he made sure that others did to. He made it a point to make the rounds of the party with pitchers in hand, making sure that everyone’s cup was filled to overflowing. And that was his downfall...

Today, there is a bridge in Rockport that is haunted by a ghost that the local people call the "Pitcher Man". He has frightened literally dozens of witnesses over the years, not by brandishing a weapon or even being particularly threatening... but by trying to offer them a drink. You see, the ghost who haunts the bridge over Goose River is William Richardson.

Bill wandered off from the party, walking through the streets of town, singing and dancing and generally entertaining anyone who had not come to the party. The road took him down to the bridge and as he approached it, he met three horsemen, to whom he offered the pitcher of ale. Not realizing these men were Tories, or British sympathizers, he never saw what came next. One of them men struck Bill on the head with the butt of a rifle and then rode over him, leaving him

Most Helpful Girl

• sit down and have a beer with the ghost I mean how many opportunities will you get in a lifetime

Most Helpful Guy

• Kindly tell him no. I don't do alcohol. But I'd happily hang out sometime.. I bet he'd be able to tell some stories.

What Girls Said 3

• I think I will try the beer and listen to war stories. Nonetheless, cool local legend.

• Drink it all lol xD

• I would refuse, I don't like beer and think the taste is icky.

Since this question involves ghosts, it made me think how my mom keeps watching all these ghost tv shows. :D

What Guys Said 6

• A beer from the American Revolution must be stale by now.

• But its ghost beer, and yes, this is an actual local legend from new england

• No thanks. I don't like alcohol.

• No as it likely very expired

• Come ON, TAKE A CHANCE WHEN HAVE YOU EVER BEEN OFFERED A BEER BY A FUCKING GHOST

• It will not matter if a drink the beer and I'm dead.

• sniff it first

• I would tell him to shove it up his ass , he helped create an evil fucking nation of war hungry bastards that shits all over black people

• No, we don't 'shit all over black people'
      We have issues but its still better than you people treat the travelers.
      As for war hungry, considering just how badly you fucked over pretty much all of africa, you don't get to throw stones

• Not really,
      The french are the ones who controlled haiti,

• Ever heard of papa and bay doc? It's not a coincidence that America was the first country to gain independence and is now number 1 richest country in the world and Haiti the second and is now the poorest country in the western hemisphere. America invade Haiti in 1915 during a time when they were openly racist against blacks in their own country so do you think they treated the blacks in Haiti nicely? They also invaded again in 1994 and haven't help fix up the country since the 2010 earth quake. Papa and baby doc were Haitian dictators who who backed by OPENLY racist Americans treated their own people like shit , Haiti had it's firs democratic elected leader in the late 80- early 90s because of this. The Americans took colonial racism to a new level the situation in Haiti is just one example

• I'd rather drink my beer from a Bavarian woman in a corset.