If it was possible, would you actually want to live forever?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would want it BUT ONLY if that meant I would Also be completely feeling absolutely no more pain and no more suffering, and does not require me to perform maintenance of such immortality such as drinking someone's blood, or absorbing someone else's life force or soul which are examples of "maintaining" conditions for immortality, although I usually would expect them to require some kind of maintenance as a drawback.

If I got a totally painless and impossible to suffer kind of way to live forever I would presume that I can't feel boredom or pleasure either as a side-effect, thus meaning I can't really feel anything, but I suppose it's a fair penalty and trade off, and I'd be willing to pay, but in the end I find that I should and wold only serve the purpose of finding out and recording down and documenting everything and saving all records and information pertaining to all of Earth and humanity's history should the human species ever became extinct after a few thousand years or million years later.

The Last thing I would want is to be buried alive and fucking trapped somewhere for all eternity, as that would be fucking torturous. If I don't feel anything, well I guess I would be stuck there for a long time at least until someone or something finds me and gets me out of there or that the planet is destroyed by a supernova or something.

If pain and suffering was still possible that meant a person living forever then I figured that meant that kind of immortal can potentially be captured, enslaved and tortured repeatedly, hence why I rather be feeling absolutely nothing if I were going to be living forever, even if I were immortal and captured no harm can be inflicted upon me, regardless.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would want to see the world changing. However, I would like to be stay young.

What Guys Said 28

• Nope.. the governments would be the ones that loved that Idea the most.. they could then keep taking our money for a longer period of time then they do now

• Absolutely not, if I was able to "un-commit" from my responsibilities I'd kill myself right now, so absolute no way would I stick around any longer than need be haha

• I saw a documentary about this and if there was a procedure that could make people immortal it would be so expensive that only the richest people could afford it and if the rich never die they never stop making money and therefore the rich would get richer and the poor would get poorer, it would impact the global economy in a really bad way unless you were a billionaire... It's s good concept but but it would be a really bad thing if it was real. I can't remember what the documentary was called but it was pretty interesting

• Hell no, it would be exhausting... two lifetimes I could handle, but forever is just too long...

• I wish I could live to 100 but keep my youthful 23 year old body and appearance.

• Not for ever but let's say until I wish to day u know when I feel I've done everything. Living for ever would be more of curse than a blessing a few thousand years would do for me.

• I used to want to but now I have more and more doubts with every passing day. Certainly not with the aging process.

• No because the mind wants to let go after some time. The body can last but our minds probably wouldn't want to

• Imagine how meaningless this moment would be or tomorrow morning would be if you had eternity

Might as well sleep for 10 million years and wake up but you can't cause your a human

• Very true.

• Depends on what drives the person.

• no way in hell, if it was possible i want to be dead right now.

• Yes. Yes, yes, yes...

• Not on this Earth. Heaven's gonna rock!

• Nope. I would love to live considerably longer than I do now, at least 500 years, maybe more. But not forever, no.

• Humans as a species are untrustworthy creatures. We don't deserve to live forever.

• I'd love to live long enough for the sun to expand and engulf the planet. I mean dying wouldn't be so neato but seeing that happen sure as hell would be.

• Hell no. The world sucks too badly.

• Nope because i know how all those stories about how people obtain immortality and how they wanna die because of it

• not with things as they are now

• Yes definitely

• Hell yeah if regenerative healing was possible which would keep me young

• Nope, I'm not the biggest fan of my life. If it lasted forever, it would be an epic torture.

• yes If I could stay young

• If I can't get laid, then no.

• I believe that there is some kind of afterlife or something but im not sure. personally I dont like living right now but im sure some people like living enough that they would want to live forever. Im wondering what "life" is like after we die.

• If there's nothing to pursue I wouldn't even enjoy living with my young self

• Yes but there isn't really forever, right?

It's going to be pretty terrifying witnessing the heat death of the universe, billions of years from now. I'm brave enough to try, but that's quite a lot of time.

• For ever body that wants to live forever go to jw. org trust me

• Yes, I'm very interested in how the world will pan out. Humans evolving and the sun dying.

• I am too. I've very interested in this universe, I'd like to learn a lot about it. Won't get that chance though.

• @MasterofPlebs sadly

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• Nope! Not forever unless i had a passion and could cook food! lol

• No. I don't want to watch my loved ones die and then meet new people to love only to say goodbye to them again.

• Yes I would. As long as I get to be young and never get sick. I don't mind re inventing myself making new friends and stuff.

• Yes I would. I would love to see how times change and how the universe evolves. :)

• It has it's pro's and con's. Under my own term's yes, I wouldn't mind it... but under MY terms lol.

• fuck no!

• Hell no. Unless I was a vampire then maybe.

• No, I want an end.

• Yep I would as long as I look young

• Only if I get to be a vampire.
    As a pathetic human, thanks but no thanks.

• if i could look the same age and not age at all, why the hell not...

• Yes, so long as the Horn stays, It's unreal today.