“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, ..." Agree or disagree? Why?

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.” - Frank Zappa.

1) Do you agree or disagree with this statement? And why?
2) What is current life situation? Are you successful/happy/content with your life?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Not true, I listened to my father and have had an amazing life, travel lots, own a home, own land, have a well paying job , two businesses, and have had more life experience than most men my age.

• What advice did he tell you?

• I can help you with your situation and parental problems, or at least explain the behavior, it does have a cause to it. I don't have a problem comprehending individuals with psychological problems, I can relate to them well I used to have depression as a teen. I'm not a robot, just an encyclopedia. haha :) I do have feelings, and emotions just they are often controlled unless they threaten some one I care about or threaten my values, such as in a humanitarian sense. I'm big on acts of kindness.

• I don't know if this means anything,
      Mercury - Aquarius
      Venus - Capricorn
      Mars - Sagittarius

Jupiter - Capricorn
      Saturn - Gemini
      Uranus - Libra
      Neptune - Sagittarius
      Pluto - Libra
      Chiron - Aries
      Ceres - Sagittarius
      Pallas - Scorpio
      Juno - Sagittarius
      Vesta - Gemini
      Node - Capricorn
      Lilith - Sagittarius
      Fortune - Scorpio
      AS - Libra
      MC - Cancer
      There's more of course. That should give you some insight. :) I liked the PDF, I enjoy Lincoln's leadership style, however I still am a tactful debater, and don't mind conflict, although I prefer peace and harmony.

What Guys Said 11

• Definitely!!! EVERYONE CAN CHOOSE their life!! You don't have to date THAT guy, you don't have to let him fck you, YOU can choose your life, even if your parents don't like it, or disagree!!
    Granted, for some people, some cultures it is easier than others, but ultimately, it is YOUR LIFE, and you will probably outlive your parents, so why suffer with their choices for you, LOOOONG after they are dead?
    Seems like the ones that come from money have it good, but the rest of us that work for everything need to choose our own way, because only what we earn, is ours!!

• Agree. Don't ignore their advice, but make your own decisions and accept responsibility for them. they are different people, with different perspectives and they are not you. But also, don't just do what society says to do because it is garbage. TV, media, magazines, your friends, your culture is filled with bad behavior that is bad for you and others, but they make it look good for some reason. Cultures can be sick as well, like Indian or arab, or chinese culture towards women.

Get broad exposure, think and make your choices.

• I freaking love your answer! I could not agree more with what you just said. It's like you picked the thoughts out of my brain :) hehe thanks for sharing! :)

• Right on! thank you!

• Some advise the above people mentioned might be good, some of the advise might be not so good. It all depends on the circumstances and the advise given. I think as we get older we can evaluate what we were taught when we were younger and make decisions that work for us. I'd say most of what my parents said was good. I'd say most of the advise teachers gave was good. Some other stuff I heard was not really for me. So it goes each way and it is up to the individual to come up with their own healthy choice of how to live their life.

• Pretty much, make plans and decide for yourself on what you want to do or become, don't let someone else dictate your life and make plans for you and your life.

• 1. Absolutely. Because people are stupid, and they don't know what they're talking about. If they did, then the world wouldn't be a shithole. Don't trust anyone to tell you what is 'correct' or 'true' they're all full of themselves.

2. Yup. I am content and happy. I'm just a student, cashier and saving up my money to go overseas. I don't believe in success, I think that's rubbish. "Success" is a concept people made up, what actually exists is called privilege.

• Nah, dont blame others for being a obidient bitch

• I agree because people should live their lives however the fuck they want. My life is total shit right now but at least im being me

• This "follow your heart" shit is really annoying. It's used by imbeciles to spite authority and make poor decisions, because fuck you, that's why!

Often those parents and teachers have experience you don't, and may save you from messing up in the first place. They aren't always right, but you should consider what they have to say.

• I disagree. Your mom, dad, teacher, or priest was giving you advice and trying to guild you, it's up to you in the end what you do. Quit blaming others. Take responsibility for your decisions and actions.

• I disagree with this statement. Countless humans have to do things against their will everyday and they don't deserve it.

I am unhappy because my only sexual experience in life was with four swindlers pretending to be prostitutes in the summer of 2015. I wish I had a real sex life.

• I agree, but you can have the same when you go another way also. I've had a terribly boring life so far, and its because I can't get a decent job where o have money to spend, plus I've never had great friends, and never had a girlfriend. So there are many ways to have a shit life

What Girls Said 3

• I agree. You should make your own decisions and take responsibility for them. If you made the decision to listen to other people, instead of making your own choices, then you should own up to that.

• To answer the second part, I am partially happy with where I am at in life. I am working on the things I am not happy with by going back to school and trying to lose weight.

• Good for you! Happy to hear that :)
      and thanks for your answer!

• yeah pretty true

• No lol! Its because you decided to follow ad believe what they told u!