What are some of the best things about growing up in the decade that you did?

Most Helpful Guy

• Kids weren't special.
    We went out and played, with 2 rules, be back before dark and you have to tell me where you're going.
    That was it. Go.

Now its all, chess club this, soccer that, blah blah blah, then at the end of the day my kid is in public school and can't hold a grade above a C. And don't get me started on the entitlement...

• I am so thankful for that type of childhood. I tell people we were literally the last generation to get that before cell phones and video games took off in earnest. My mom and dad would just send me off with those same two rules, and one more, your brother is responsible for you and if I didn't come back alive and well and happy, they'd kill him, LOL. But yeah, no, we were gone all day long until the sun came down and then we had to be back. They didn't check on us, they didn't have to call anybody, all of our neighbors knew each other. It was great. Ugh, I'm so nostalgic now.

• http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/100_10271_blowup.jpg

Also we had real scooters!

Punky Brewster 4 ever yo!

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone was glued to phones. We had awesome cartoons and kids shows to grow up watching. And people were a lot more into going out and doing things.

What Guys Said 1

• as long as im alive and call them i could go to a Alaska, social services these days are out of control and need to be disbanded or something because the have way to much say in someones family issues.

What Girls Said 3

• Internet and video games, that's pretty much it. Humans are terrible, everything is boring and lifeless now. At least it is for me anyways lmao.

• Technology wasn't advanced. Kids used to play in the mud, or outside. And people would actually talk to each other.

• Medical science☺️ Without wich I wouldn't be here because I was born teeny tiny.