An ogre is a being usually depicted as a large, hideous, manlike monster that eats human beings. Ogres frequently feature in mythology, folklore, and fiction throughout the world. They appear in many classic works of literature, and are most often described in fairy tales and folklore as eating babies.
In mythology, ogres are often depicted as inhumanly large and tall and having a disproportionately large head, abundant hair, unusually colored skin, a voracious appetite, and a strong body. Ogres are closely linked with giants and with human cannibals in mythology. In both folklore and fiction, giants are often given ogrish traits (such as the giants in "Jack and the Beanstalk" and "Jack the Giant Killer", the Giant Despair in The Pilgrim's Progress, and the jötnar of Norse mythology); while ogres may be given giantish traits.
- 5/5 my favorite mythological creature22%(7)23%(14)Vote24%(7)
- 4/5 i like them a lot0%(0)3%(2)Vote7%(2)
- 3/5 meh they are ok19%(6)23%(14)Vote28%(8)
- 2/5 i dont really like them25%(8)23%(14)Vote21%(6)
- 1/5 i hate them22%(7)13%(8)Vote3%(1)
- 0/5 worst mythological creature ever9%(3)13%(8)Vote17%(5)
- Wtf is an ogre?3%(1)2%(1)Vote0%(0)
Most Helpful Girl
I like Ogres, they are kinda funny :D0