Didn't tell girl at gym she was leaving behind her water bottle because I was afraid she'd call me a creep for knowing it was hers, was I correct?

So I was at my university gym earlier and I noticed this girl I thought was pretty. She sat down at a machine and put her water bottle down. About an hour later I saw her again without it and I saw it still at the machine and then she started leaving. I thought of bringing it to her or going up to her to let her know she forgot it but I was just soo scared she would freak out and call me a creep so I did nothing. What should I have done? I feel slightly bad. I just eventually took it up to the gym employees and said someone left it there. I just fucking hate being called a creep more than anything (yes I know it is a little creepy that I knew it was hers since I was checking her out when she put it down) so I just couldn't bring myself to say anything to her or bring it to her before she was gone.

Most Helpful Girl

• You weren't wrong or right. You could've told her and she probably wouldn't have assumed you were that weird but if you didn't feel comfortable doing it it really isn't your responsibility.

Most Helpful Guy

• well its possible. sometimes women would think that but i think it would be nice if you did it anyways. I personally used to think about things like that ALL THE TIME. like when a girls phone is about to fall out of her pocket I would be scared to tell her because it seems like im looking at her butt even if im not. that happens a lot but i recentishly realized that they dont think that all the time and even if they do its still nice to help them out and they will most likely just thank you and if they think you are a creep then oh well. i bet they will think more about how they lost their water bottle than the slightly possibly creepy guy at the gym. i bet there has been a lot creepier things done to her before lol

What Girls Said 1

• Perfect time to start a conversation as well not creepy at all

What Guys Said 4

• It does not sound like she would have but you never know. Honestly it is really easy to know that a water bottle is owned by someone. It is really rare for someone to sit next to another's watter bottle. However with women these days if she thinks that you even looked at her wrong/at all she would most likely call you a creep. Sadly women have no idea why we are usually at least hesitant to approach them these days.

• If she calls you a creep because of that she's stuck up thinking every guy is looking to date her o_o. Seriously doe, if that's the situation so what just give it to her.

• No you weren't correct you acted like a pussy

• You could've just said. Excuse me miss. Is this your water bottle? That's what I would've done

• Yeah but then they'd say "Oh thanks how did you know?"