I have autism and I'm lonely?

What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to someone. Make friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes me sad and disappointed at many users of this community because many of the responses that you received are careless thoughts. You deserve better.

First, I want you to understand that everyone in the world feels lonely at times. We like to try to have control of our lives. We like to think that we have control of our lives. But we all know that we are NOT in control of our lives. Those people who say they have control, are lying.

It is okay to feel lonely, and I am confident that things will get better. For now, I recommend you to do these things -

1.) Accept your loneliness - When people become lonely, they try to distract themselves from it by pursuing temporary pleasure such as watching TV, eating, sleeping, etc. This won't fix your problem. It just delays it.

Some people like to criticize themselves. They feel bad for themselves and they hate themselves. Please do not think this way. You have autism. So what? You are a living, breathing human being. The probability of you existing in the universe is less than 1%. Be thankful. Accept the fact that you feel lonely.

2.) Compassion - Practice the habit of reminding yourself that there are many other people who feel lonely. You are NOT alone. There are thousands, actually millions of people feeling lonely at this moment. People who lost their loved ones, people who feel isolated, people who feel like they just are not good enough.

3.) Awareness - Be realistic and aware of how your body is feeling both physically and mentally. Does it feel like your throat is tight? Does your body feel heavy? When you feel sad, don't hold your tears. Allow yourself to cry. Listen to sad songs. Studies show that doing these things will benefit you and help you recover faster. Make sure to take care of yourself. Get 9 hours of sleep each day. Eat a healthy breakfast each morning. Drink enough water. Go to the gym. Being able to take care of yourself well will not only make you feel satisfied, but will attract others in the process.

4.) Last but not least - Try not to get bored. We do unreasonable and dangerous things when we get bored. Stay busy. Volunteer at your local library or hospital and meet new people. Read self help books. Feel free to message me on this site when you want to.

4

What Girls Said 3

• Are their any groups for autistic people in your area?

• Perhaps look for a job to keep you busy and meet new people :)

• Talk to people when you go outside. Challenge yourself! Step out of your comfort zone! I am a socially awkward person, an introvert, i get tired easily after talking to strangers, and most of the time I do not have the courage to initiate the conversation, but hey i guess the other party feels the same as well, except for some people who are more outspoken. I wish you all the best and smile!!:)

What Guys Said 11

• Take the initiative and go out there and do something, find something you will enjoy and would want to do.

Talk to people, and ask questions when ever you are in doubt.

Don't dwell on your loneliness and think too much about it.

Get help, never be afraid to ask for help or assistance whenever you need it.

• What the heck? I have Asperger's and I'm social. I have many friends. I was even the on the coaching staff for the basketball team at the juco school that I went to. We even won the championship one year. My advice is that you join a club, a gym, go to school, and find a job.

• You and me both, well, thats not my life but I've got my own life.
      The therapy for Aspbergers is often forced socialization and you know it works

• @Waffles731 Yeah plus I have Speech Apraxia. Never of them had stop me, both make me push myself to reach my potential.

• Good that you have overcome this,
      I don't have much of a life, but I've had a relationship, I have friends and I'm in college,
      I've got a chance and goddamit I'm going to take it

• be the best you can be. dont worry about other people just do what you want and you will be good. I have met (very) autistic people that have done great things and some people can use their mental disorders for good. a lot of peoplr with mental disorders are able to encourage others with the same conditions and help them. it could also be helpful to meet other people who are autistic and you may be able to connect with them

• Join the club, lots of people are lonely.

• Do you have autism? Are you a virgin?

• I know but where kinda in the same shoes you know

• Sure but that doesn't mean I can help you. You need to get advice from someone who has been in your position and managed to get out of it.

• Find a hobby/passion?

• Get a good paying job

Everything else will fall into place lolol

• I'm 6'9 and I'm lonely.

• stop being autistic...

• Run outside naked with a metal pot on your head.
    Ever see that show the Muppets? Make sounds like the character Beaker does.

• Are you talking about making friends? Then go out join a club or something where guys like you go to and you'll make friends.

Are you talking about getting a girlfriend? Then you're screwed.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more