Best Single Sentence Advice you Can Give Someone To Improve Their Life and Why?

I have a bunch of them, but the best I can think of at the moment:

Turn off the TV (unless it is educational program). - It wastes time you could spend with someone or experiencing life. And it is filled with junk that programs your mind. Shows like "Friends" and "Sex in the City" programmed the sub conscious minds of a generation. It isn't good, just live life not watch it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Spit out the pacifier.

It's very cryptic, but I think it captures most of what I tell people in one sentence.

It can be interpreted as: "grow up," "stop letting whatever insecurities/shut you up, " or, "quit coping with life, and start learning to deal with life." I mean it all, but especially within the last interpretation, because I see it too often where people fall into addictions or do something "because it's easier." Hence using the "pacifier" in the first place.

Now, am I blaming the addicted people themselves? No. But I do think that they have the power to change. Hence my runner up of sentences: "you can do anything you put your mind to."

• Ooooooo... that's good! I love that and you are right, it captures it all very well and has immagery with it as well. Did you come up with it... you might be a Genius!
      It may feel a bit mean and I might be careful if you are having lunch with a person... people get "emotional":)

Great GAG name as well...

• its not, it is all how it is delivered or how it is received. Good job! Nothing wrong with thick or chubby, so just love yourself and be the best you that there can be.
      Your a smarty, I'm following you...

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 7

• That's not a sentence, that's 5.

Mine is, "sometimes you just gotta let things go because not everything's going to work out the way you planned it."

• "turn off your wifi at 6 pm"

my mom has been doing that lately and i've felt time move so nice and slow after 6 o'clock.. i manage to do my homework, give myself a mani/pedi, talk to my whole family and prepare myself for the next day. i was annoyed by it at first but now i see that it's a blessing. my eyes are rested :D

• Very true!. That's why I avoid watching TV shows and movies because I feel it's a waste of time. I will rarely find something interesting but hey when I feel like it I'll watch it. Same with people who look into celebrities and their lives!. Ita like who gives a shit? Why focus on those people when clearly they don't give a shit about you? Focus on you! Your dreams your surroundings and people who actually care about you! They aren't paying attention and look where they stand.

• If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

• jump.

• "Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller

• Do something constructive now if you do not want to regret later.
    -you will understand that the time you wasted could have been spent on better things.

What Guys Said 13

• ucarecdn.com/e2847687-9444-4256-89ce-0b3b3d19de42/

Technically two, but idgaf. In this society of achievement it is important to undersand that sometimes failure is not your fault, and that doing things perfectly does not guarantee you will win.

developingsuperleaders.files.wordpress.com/.../18391-george-s-patton-quotations-sayings-famous-quotes-of-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg

Sometimes you need to act now. Sometimes there's no time for making the perfect plan. And in those moments it's more important to make a decent plan and stick to it. Likewise in life it's often about making a decent decission and sticking to it, because if you linger to figure the perfect decission the oportunity may pass.

izquotes.com/.../...ot-by-force-sun-tzu-297132.jpg

Perhaps something very few people understand. Yet so helpful in avoiding toxic people and bad bosses. Both of which will significantly improve your life quality.

www.jarofquotes.com/.../...11510bbd4e6a0862fb7.jpg

Do i really need to explain this one?

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...902b9b9296.jpg

That's it for me

• Bonus: "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything" -Mark Twain

• do not live your life in the ways of others but in your own way. In other words live as you won't and don't be scared of being different. You will never truly be happy if you put up an act to make people like. Dare to speak your mind but have reson behind your words.

• I agree. I would also add to reflect inward where you get your "uniqueness". It may be from a broken source. I advise making sure people have a solid clean "root" to reference as a reference point. Mine would be Jesus, doesn't mean I'm perfect , I'm not. But the world and failed love will program us in many false ways that look normal, but are poisonous to our lives.

• Act in such a way, that if anyone spoke badly of you, noone would believe it.

• Stop worrying about failure

That goes for everything from work to relationships. You don't get that many second chances, so don't waste your opportunities.

• Money isn't everything. It won't bring you happiness. Enjoy the simple things in life and don't live above your needs.

• Just do it: Most of the people hesitate. Stop overthinking.

• Whatever you choose to do, never regret doing or not doing it.

• Mine is somewhat similar to yours...

Put the smartphones away and get out and see nature!

• Don't stick your dick in crazy

• Lift lol

• LOL! I'd say do Isometrics, which means you can't move it. really helped me. For dudes, I agree, we need to lift stuff...

• Be the best that YOU can be.

• If you truly love someone set them free, if they return it's meant to be.

• "Just do it."