Revenge, a good idea or bad one?

Most Helpful Guy

• to me revenge means that a person is so hung up on something that they have to sit around and think of a way to get back... so if i'm the person who is the object of that revenge i think, "man they are so hung up on me that they still pining over how to get back at me"

the best revenge to me is to do nothing but move on and live your life. show the person they have no control over you. that you moved on to bigger and better things

Most Helpful Girl

• "Before you embark on a journey of revenge... dig two graves."
    -- Confucius

Go ahead, don't let ME stop you. From yr suicide mission.

• Ha! When I think of revenge, that quote pops in my head, stopping me on my tracks :/

• Well... That's exactly what should happen.

If you STILL decide it's worth it -- even at the cost of ruining yr own life -- then, it's worth it.
      There *are* a very small number of things for which I'd give my own life to even the score, if otherwise it meant justice would never be served... but, that's a VERY small number of things indeed.

Think very, very carefully.

If it ain't worth yr own life going up in flames right along with it... then the best form of "revenge" is to make yr own life better, fuller, and more complete, without whoever/whatever is causing you pain at the moment.

• Tx for the MH luv. <3

What Guys Said 35

• "An eye for an eye until whole world goes blind."

A revenge just for the sake revenge is bad.

Revenge for the sake to give a lessen, to make them to fill the same - hard to say.
    Those who exacted revenge say they feel empty inside at the end. Instead of burning, black ball they feel empty. Emotionally and tired physically.

World in time will teach them a lesson either way. Is there any point to dirty my own hand to satisfy myself before that?
    Hard to say... Ideally better not, but sometimes it so hard to resist.

• The thing is, I already feel empty inside. Dead really. So I feel this will satisfy me. So I can find peace

• Judging by tone of your text I feel that you're trying to execute revenge just for the sake of revenge.
      Reason? When people want revenge, they burn, they burn with passion, in anger. It consumes them.
      Saying to serve revenge as a cold dish is a similar to "revenge just for the sake of revenge". Person burned it, overcame it, but just remembers how he/she was wronged. He/she is not burning now, but just looks at it's burned mark in his/her soul and remember.

Indeed, you can now calmly execute revenge, while you feel empty, to hurt that person, but I speculate that you won't feel better. Even more if that person won't pay attention to your revenge and just oversteps it.
      Things can go even further, in anger that person will pay you with revenge too. And it can become even worse.

When people hurt other in condition of affect, it serves something like a discharge, but in bad way. When people try to execute revenge as "cold dish" they usually are not satisfied, unless that person is dead.

• I'll pm, to let you know the reason. I can't say it here

• it feels good, but it likely ends up bad.

get your revenge by turning it over to God so he can deal with it. "here God here God... go bite that person...". Haha... No I mean the all mightly God, not your Doberman!
    Easier said than done.
    You may be able to do things in a much more adult manner once you process the feelings and instead of revenge, reach out in love and concern from a healthier place. Now that is how you turn heads!

• Someone once said "Revenge is sweet". Depends, because someone also once had said "Two wrongs don't make a right".

• 1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Dis1.jpg
    As the tagline to one of the best games says
    Revenge solves everything

• Revenge..
    It's best.. Enjoy it... The pain and torture other suffer can heal your wounds.. Which cannot be healed..
    Just don't get addicted to it.. Because revenge tastes better then Turkish delight

• Revenge is always bed, no matter what. I'm not personally a Christian, but I always liked "Turning the other cheek". And if you can't do that, just forget the fact that who you want to revenge against even exist. And if you can't do that because you are co-workers or something like that, take a box class or something like that to unleash positively your rage.
    Two wrongs NEVER makes one right.

• It depends on the odds.

• Bad idea... BS just becomes a vicious circle. If a person pisses you off chalk it up to them being a dough head and just leave them alone.

There are plenty more non-dough-heads out there and less drama.

• Definitely lol

• Bad. I totally understand wanting it but being able to move past it makes you a strong person. It's very hard sometimes I know.

• Depends on the kind of revenge. Don't do anything criminal, but there's other ways of getting revenge.

• Depends on the context. The best revenge for someone bullying you or wronging you is just living well and moving on.

Revenge for a prank? Get 'em back! :P

• I'm afraid I do keep a grudge for a looong time. If it is something small and a one time thing I'll tell him interesting stuff about his mom and be on my way. If he keeps pushing me? Well then... I can make Monte Cristo turn green with envy. :)

• Well sometimes you just want to get that person back for the thing/thing's they did. But it's not always necessary to get revenge on someone... And just remember... KARMA'S A BITCH !!
    @https://www. google. co. za/search? q=i+WANT+TO+BE+THERE+WHEN+KARMA+FUCKS+YOU+IN+THE+ASS+WITH+A+CACTUS&espv=2&biw=1440&bih=731&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiByZSPy9fMAhUEAsAKHfjaDygQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=9BIf2t_RDaQ4vM%3A

• Revenge is never a good idea. It's better to just analyze the situation, take what you can from it, learn, and move on.

• SWEET, like the saying goes... Best served cold ;-P

• It's a bad idea. It shows that you are weak. Strong/intelligent people move on and ignore. Revenge isn't a good idea in my situation because I'm outnumbered.

• usually a bad idea. it doesn't bring you anything back and might give you only more trouble

• bad one.

• How come?

• because if im thinking of revenge then it means i won't have peace in my life, but i prefer peace in my life by moving on and leaving everything up to karma.

• Makes sense

• Bad. Karma. Move on.

• Always bad 💁

• Cause then there won't be any difference between you and them
      Second it will make that person think that you still have something for them and haven't moved on from it.
      So it's better to move on 😶

• In the end we all die. Do whatever you want.
    If revenge will make you feel better (pro tip it usually doesn't) then go for it.

• Bad idea just forgive but never forget. Revenge and hate will only affect you and not the recipient.

• Probably the only guy saying this, but if you're really going out of your way to stoop to a childish level, you aren't ready for a relationship.

• lol it depends on what the person did to you

• Revenge always ends bad dude.

• Depends what went down.

• Depends on the situation.
    Don't stoop to their level.

• Revenge is sweet and a dish best served cold, so... revenge is ice cream.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 15

• Usually a bad idea, everyone probably thinks of it at one point in their life, however it's a waste of time and effort. Instead just move on

• It depends on what they've done , who they are and what method of revenge you want to use 😈

• I don't take revenge on people though. I'm not a vindictive person. If someone hurts me intentionally, I just cut all means of contact and move on from them

• Thats very mature.
      In the past year I had noticed that I am a vindictive person and I'm trying to take steps to correct that.
      You know be more forgiving and merciful.
      Its rather hard but I'm trying

• @Waffles731

At least you recognise it's a trait in yourself you don't like, and you are making an effort to change that. I admire you for that.

I've been hurt in the past, but pursuing revenge just wastes time and emotions , and that time could be better spent by trying to deal with the hurt and move on.

Revenge just prolongs your hurt. We re all human and it's hard to forgive some things, but seeking revenge gives that person the satisfaction of watching you suffer. I take their control away by ignoring them, and moving on. Sometimes, silence is the most powerful response 😊

• Bad one!
    🍎 👑

• sometimes, harmless revenge is ok. Like living well and making someone jealous of that. Usually karma takes care of revenge though. KARMA IS REAL

• I think it's a bad idea. I'd rather just move on from the situation.

• Always bad except in movies.

• Revenge is sweet but I can't really see a good reason to waist my energy on it... when I can just put my middle finger up and walk away like I don't give a f.

• depends on what it's over. if it's something petty, no, just move on.

• It only works in movies

• Bad idea, be the better person!

• I would say don't get revenge, but yeh it's super sweet when you do. But it takes a lot of energy, I would say forget about them, it even irritates them way more ;)

• It can be both... but usually it's bad

• good hahah

• it's a dish best served cold

• Depends on the person, and depends on what the revenge is. I for one am against people saying "ooh, revenge won't make you feel better, so don't bother." Believe me, it DOES. It helps me live my life, and move on.. If I don't get vengeance, I will think about that person years later. But then again, really depends on what it is... Varies from person to person