If you could, would you make all your insecurities go away?

I always felt I had a large nose, but I wouldn't make it go away. I think if anything it showcases my Dutch heritage. Even if I could make every insecurity go away, I don't know if I would be happy or demand more.

Most Helpful Guy

• No insecurities sometime can be good motivation to become better. My insecurities going away won't actually change any of my outer flaws whether they be health appearance or skill.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Some of mine force me to question what I believe in. Which makes me sharper. So perhaps not all of them are worth getting rid of. Though, a lot of the ones that were bugging me have actually done themselves in. They thought they would be the end of me, but they failed. Higher forces saw to it they didn't get what they wanted, even when the deck seemed stacked in their favor. And then, those types got greedy by going after much more likeable targets than myself. It backfired in grandiose fashion.

I lose sleep less often to troubling thoughts now. Instead, to muscle and joint problems. Even then, I still sleep better. And am finally able to dream again.

• Honestly who wouldn't. People can argue that insecurities are just human nature and that everyone has one. Of course everyone has something they don't like about themselves, but if there ever was a time you had no insecurities that would just mean you're being the best person you can be. More confident, less time in your comfort zone. Despite this it would only lead to more possibilities for everyone and that would only lead to us wanting more things. But is that really much of a price compared to being the person you dreamed of?

• Insecurities make us who we are... and what makes us different from others i guess... i like my round head... but its an insecurity.

• I already have.

• Like if I could alter my physical appearance to fix all my perceived imperfections?

Yes, no hesitation.

• What insecurities? At this age you learn to put those things behind you.

I am who I am... no point in worrying about it!

• No because that will quickly lead to death.

• I have one insecurity I would love to fix. But it's a personal one so I'm going to leave it at that. But we all have things we wish we could fix. But like it or. not insecurities make us who we are.

• I'd rather remove the insecurities of others, mine are so minor and passing they don't make much difference.

• no it keeps me out of trouble or keeps me from making a fool out of myself

• You re beautiful quit worrying

• Oh yeah! I'd be unstoppable if my insecurities didn't get in my way.

• Well i am Dutch. maybe that's why I'm such a big guy? XD

• Without a hesitation or a second thought.

• I need my insecurities.
    Without them I would reach heights far too high, far too fast.

• only thing that would interest me is a time machine.

• Yes!
    Since I can't just make them vanish I deal with them as best as I can.

• Yes cause I'm extremely insecure about my looks

• I got no insecurities here.

• Yes I would

• I like all your insecurities.

• What insecurities? I don't have any.

• dont have any

• I don't have insecurities. I just have inadequacies, and inefficiencies.

What Girls Said 9

• First -- and most importantly -- this question isn't a thing. It's a violation of (what we're finding more and more is) a pretty basic tenet of human psychology, which is the "hedonic set point": basically, that our level of satisfaction -- with ourselves, and with life in general -- is pretty much invariant in the long term.
    That sounds pretty surprising when you first hear it, but, if you think carefully (and holistically) about people you know, you'll probably realize that it's true: once you smooth out short-term blips and bumps, we pretty much have a constant level of satisfaction in life. People who are perpetually dissatisfied will remain so -- and people who are easily contented will stay that way, too.
    (Neither of those extremes is necessarily good or bad. I mean, we have another name for "perpetually dissatisfied"... in better parts of town, they tend to call that by a different name: "ambition".
    And, "easily contented" can just as easily be smeared as "underachieving". For the most part. There are exceptions, but, you get my drift.)

So... once you realize this basic truth about the human mind, you'll realize what would ACTUALLY happen if we tried to "make all [our] insecurities go away".
    They'd just be replaced by new ones. And the new ones would probably be a lot more petty, and a lot more annoying, than the old ones. Lol.

__

Besides that -- I think we're kinda just playing with semantics, here. "Insecurities" don't necessarily have to be a bad thing... especially not in the long term.

Instead, "insecurities" can just as well be turned around, into "points of awareness" -- and then, into "points of improvement".
    I mean... When I think about my own personal strengths, pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has its roots in *something* that could be (and probably still can be, to some extent) described as a personal "insecurity".
    As just a couple of examples:
    • I've built most of my career on knowledge of health and fitness -- which, in turn, came from always feeling way too slim and willowy, especially at my height. (I really wanted the hourglass figure that every other girl in my high school seemed to have... LOL but if I couldn't have that, at least I wanted to look tough as nails)
    • I stuttered REALLY badly as a little girl, so, I've developed a delivery that's smooth and eloquent almost to the point of being icy (especially when I'm sleep-deprived, but, that's another story ahah)
    • I... uh ::tears in eyes:: kinda always worry that every

• time I see someone will be the last time, or that something catastrophic will happen to interfere with the relationship (whether personal or professional) in whatever sense. Who knows, that probably goes back to the fact that my mother died when I was little, but, it is what it is. But, anyway, because of that, I've gotten REALLY good at cultivating relationships, both personal and professional -- basically, I try to leave *every* interaction, with everyone, in a way that would leave me feeling satisfied if that were the last interaction I ever got to have with that person. It's a heavy load, I suppose, but it doesn't really feel like one (because the rewards are so great). I also do things like send out at least one "note of gratitude" at the start of every day, whether it's to someone I just saw the previous day or someone I haven't seen in 20 years.

In any case, I think you see where I'm going with this.
      It's true that insecurities can be pathological, sure -- but I don't think

• totally ALONE.
      Especially when that comes with a depressive episode at the same time.

I mean, it's possible that I am misunderstanding here, because I'm not an introvert and I don't know firsthand -- but, as far as I understand (from friends' experiences and from what I've read), at least introverted people can derive a certain sense of satisfaction from solitude, and that's how they recharge their proverbial batteries, to a certain extent. But for us? Nah -- I mean, sometimes, back then, I was absolutely literally all alone, and down, and it was pretty much like all the worst possible things in the world, all at the same time.
      And, I mean, I suppose an introverted person could always go home and recharge. If it was 3AM and I was on the border between wanting to live and... not wanting to live, ... well yeah.

This isn't a pissing contest of "who had it worse", believe me, that is absolutely not a game that I play. It's just a little perspective from the other side of the fence --

• that a lot of us envy you just as much as you may have envied us. For different reasons, at different times.

• Nah! I like my belly jelly roll!

• maybe some. not all.

• I wouldn't change my physical apearence bc it shows my mom and my dad features and they won't live forever. Just reminds me of them. Each physical thing (nose, eyes, lips e. t. c) r them. 💚

• Yes I would! Obviously I would feel more confident and my life would be so much better!
    I would have more friends, people would trust me and I wouldn't be a loser.

• Apple, you are not a loser I would hang out with you in a heartbeat

• It's good to know that.

But if you knew me, you would realize that I'm really a loser.

• Yes in a heart beat.

• I have very deep rooted insecurities, and I think if they weren't present i would be more comfortable in myself. However i doubt i would be the same person i am now, which could mean both good and bad things

• i'd be insufferable then lol

• yes :P