Why are people such elitists?

When it comes to things like video games, media platforms, comics, music, etc. Holy shit, why can't people just be happy that there are other people that share your interests

Most Helpful Guy

• Human beings are wired to seek social status. The degree of social status which would satisfy most people is less than they have so there is always social pressure. This evolved so that when the group leader dies there is always somebody ready to take his place. In the modern world there is much less opportunity to get a satisfying degree of social status and it is assigned less because a person wants it than for other reasons. This results in a lot of frustration and aberrant behavior. It frequently comes out in obsession and elevation of trivial things and activities as a way of getting the feeling of elevating social standing.

• I mean, I guess. Your social hierarchy thoughts make sense. And trivial is right. I just mean, for the life of me I just can't wrap my head around why people choose to play this game over shit like comics and video games. Like if there's one uniting force in the world, it should be the love for these things.

What Guys Said 1

• Its easy to answer sister. Peoples want to see which they can't reach or get. I mean Im a poor guy I don't have money but I'm watching Richie rich 😆

• I guess. Not sure if you're talking about the same thing I am, but alright.

What Girls Said 1

• All humans want to feel special and more important. They will use anything to make them feel above others.