Anyone else have people you hated in high school end up dying/committing suicide and you felt it fair?

To me it seems completely normal and I feel absolutely nothing discovering the news. Others cry and make huge ass deals about it because they were popular people, I frankly don't give a rat's ass. But, it gets worse, I've had friends die and still feel nothing. Like, a homie's ex whom he dated since high school, and we all moved in together and stuff and we all got pretty close, she died of cancer like, 2 years ago, and I still felt nothing... just that she'll be better off than she was in this life suffering... any theories?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not. You should never delight in another person's death. Apathy is one thing but delight means you need to seek help.

• Haha. It wasn't delight. It was more like a "It was only a matter of time..."

• That's still pretty awful.

• It just means I'm a prophet, yo.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's weird.

What Girls Said 2

• No I never felt that way!

• It's fine not to feel upset (except maybe surprise) if someone you dislike dies, but not to feel it is fair/good. I think for most people it's upsets them more because if you're young it brings home the reality of your own mortality.

Like a guy in the grade above me at school killed himself just before graduation - I wasn't personally sad as such cos I didn't really know him, just a bit shocked and feel sorry for his friends and family and sorry that he felt he had to do that.

What Guys Said 1

• someone died, motorcycle accident. we went to the same elementary school and worked on projects, but towards high school went our own separate paths.