Help! What should I do? Am I fucked for life?

I'm currently 16 years old and in the tenth grade. I have gotten sick and I missed out on a lot this year (first semester due to being hospitalized) and I am now home-schooled. Problem is that I am doing four subjects, three of them are Cs and one of them is an F. They gave me a lot more homework than I ever did while I was in school and I have not slept well in months, trying to do all of them, meeting deadlines and trying to get the grades but it feels like it isn't working out. According to my doctor, I shouldn't be stressing myself too much or else I would not recover well enough but it seems it is the only way to go to get As and Bs. I tried to cut down on my sleep and work harder but it only gave me more mental breakdowns and fainting spells. My parents said that everyone will understand (they talked to the school I should be going to and the guidance councilor said that they all understand, which I think is bullshit because I bet they don't care..) because I am sick but I don't like to use that as an excuse. I want to become a surgeon one day. Am I fucked for life?

Subjects I am doing: Geometry, Chemistry, English and US History.
I got Cs in Geometry, Chemistry and US History but an F in English. Let's just say that Shakespeare is not easy...
Bumping this question.

Most Helpful Guy

• One bad semester will not hurt you, and they do understand. I knew a girl that I went to high school with that ended up in a coma for a year due to an auto accident and she graduated with us and went on to be a Naval Officer. You'll make it and you do need to get some rest other wise you will be screwed.

What Guys Said 7

• there's really no rush. You're one year behind? That's not a big deal. I went into the army after high school. Didn't go to college until I was 22, graduated at 26, got a basically fine job, quit it, and now I'm back in college at 36 for a PhD, with two job prospects after I graduate. If a difference of 10 years matters so little, a difference of 1 is basically nothing.

• No. One bad semester in high school is not going to ruin your life.

• Nah, once you get to college all that matters will be your college grades until med school. Just give a schmoozy admissions essay detailing your struggle with poor health and how it made you grow as a person blah blah. Colleges eat that shit up.

• Nope
    You're totally fine
    by the way do you have a social outgoing life 😶?

• Not really, right now because I am sick I wasn't able to concentrate on that. But I have been going to movies and places with people a few times.

• Yeah, that's true. I gave up seeing Captain America on opening night to improve my grades...
      I now regret it.

• Hahah 😂
      See I'll actually tell you something good which will help you
      My life sucks but no one can really help me it's only me who have to help myself so instead of being upset I smile be awesome enjoy and work to be a better person...
      And yep think before you do something so you won't regret 😂 LOL

• No, you are okay

• The fuck do ur parents give u 3 c's and one F.. well ur the highest grade in the class

• Lol kids believing that high school problems could effect their adult life. Ohh, to be young again

• I know you're laughing at all of us for worrying, but this actually made me feel better.

• I'm telling you, hard work and dedication is what it's about. High school grades are needed to get into a good college/university but after that, they don't mean anything. I know that the scope of situation makes it all seem crazy right now but I'll bet you're gonna look back at this and laugh that you were so worried

• Thanks. I am trying to recover so that I could get to go back to school and pick myself up in the eleventh grade.

What Girls Said 0