I'm a Capitalist. Are you?

If you're not a Capitalist say "I'm not" and I'll guess what you are!

• Yes
    43%(6)41%(17)Vote41%(11)
  • No
    57%(8)59%(24)Vote59%(16)

Most Helpful Girl

• 1|5
    • except prison escapees...

• I don't actually support any particular system. I think they all have their merits, but they all have their flaws as well. The success of any system depends on 'good' people being in charge of it, and no system can be made to assure that. If I were to come up with one, it would include mandatory government involvement by people. I. e. monthly town halls would have required attendance (or you lose voting eligibility). Additionally, work hours would include a 'public service' portion, in which everyone is expected to educate themselves about government affairs. Like, if the work week is 40 hours per week, 10% of that time (4 of those hours) would have to be spent at the library or whatever learning the history and nature of government. Again, failure to participate would result in loss of voting eligibility. Of course, some things would need to be provided for disabled people and such, but that would probably be how I would start.

• @normalice While I do support capitalism, I completely agree with what you just said.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think any system can work if 'good' people are in charge of it. Except capitalism, because by its nature only the 'bad' people can be in charge. A good person can rise, but only by doing bad things (i. e. Buffet). The only way to excell is a capitalist system is to skim off the efforts of others. This is actually fine, except that in order to compete with other people who skim off the efforts of others, you have to always be searching for ways to skim a little bit more. Eventually, a tipping point comes up in which the people whos efforts your are skimming will resent you and you have to either work to keep them ignorant of it (which is shady) or work to marginalize and/or demonize them (which is also shady), because if you don't then you won't be able to skim as much and your competetors will rise above you.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 17

• I'm not.

• I'm a bit torn between capitalism and communism as ideologies because, although both are very much flawed, they also have their advantages over the other. But seeing as communism only works if all citizens really commit to it (which is basically unachievable, just look at the several failed communist states) I'm leaning towards capitalism.

• As an Objectivist, I support pure capitalism, which unfortunately has never existed anywhere.

• Yup absolutely.

• I'm a big propnent of a mix of capitalism and socialism as both are equally flawed on their own

• Mostly everyone is nowadays. Yet do they agree to it? No. Just part of the world we live in

• You'd be a moron to say no.

• Hmmmmm 40/60 ish

• No I'm not.

• I'm a Trumpetter swan.

• Well what are my other options? I am neither a communist at all, nor am I 100% capitalist.

• I'm not!

• I m anti capitalist

• Most people in America are for crony capitalism. If they wasn't then there's no way we would have only 2 political parties, laws wouldn't solely benefit the rich, or would we be faced with the very nightmarish possibility or trump or Clinton being president.

• Absolutely I am.

• I'm capitalist too :D

• I think we are all capitalist, just some don't like to admit it