Are drive in movie theaters fun?

Thinking about going to one later on tonight. What are the good things and bad things about it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• I don't care for them. Depending on your car you can't even turn the AC on without your head lights coming on. Most cars don't even have a sound system that can do the audio justice. Sitting in the heat in order to watch a movie with bad sound isn't fun. I would rather go to one of the nicer theaters that are custom made for an excellent viewing experience over the inside of the average car. The only positive I can think of is that you don't have to worry about other talking disturbing people as much.

• Okay good to know but maybe everyone should experience it at least once.

• I agree it is worth trying. You might love it do to the atmosphere. It just isn't something I am into. The one near my house also plays two different movies that you can sit through, instead of just one movie. I don't know if that is normal or not. It is the only one I have ever been to.

• Can't say since it will be my first time. :-)

• Drive ins and outdoor movies are awesome, bring some snacks and enjoy yourself, maybe some bug spray would help if it's warm there, if not consider a blanket so you don't get a chill from the night air. Another side note is that if you go to one on a date it's very romantic if you are into romance.

• Drive-in movies are fun, I dig them! There are two close to my home.

The main thing I like is being able to bring in my own food, so I can eat and drink whatever I want... and yes that includes alcohol (which if I'm the driver I am responsible and know my drinking limits).

• Ya they are great for getting distracted in the car

• It's good background noise for baby makin.

http://i.imgur.com/s3wu9z3.jpg

• Yes, they can be a lot of fun. I think they are better as a couple than as a group. Bring your favorite snacks. The only thing I don't really like about them is the bathroom situation.

• Thanks for your opinion but what's wrong with the bathrooms?

• They tend to be inadequate for the number of people. Additionally, you have to go outside to get to them and you wind up easy food for the mosquitoes.

• That stinks then for sure and I hate bugs so bad.

• Yes but last I went to one was in the 80's, since then all of them around here went under.

• We have one in my area called the starlite, I absolutely love it.

• Great can't wait to go :-)

• Good! some great times were had at my drive in. Plus the food and atmosphere is good as well. Some even allow Alcohol

• never been to one

• Never been to one. Seems fun though.

• Sounds fun!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7