Are drive in movie theaters fun?

Thinking about going to one later on tonight. What are the good things and bad things about it?

0|0
8|12

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• I don't care for them. Depending on your car you can't even turn the AC on without your head lights coming on. Most cars don't even have a sound system that can do the audio justice. Sitting in the heat in order to watch a movie with bad sound isn't fun. I would rather go to one of the nicer theaters that are custom made for an excellent viewing experience over the inside of the average car. The only positive I can think of is that you don't have to worry about other talking disturbing people as much.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay good to know but maybe everyone should experience it at least once.

• I agree it is worth trying. You might love it do to the atmosphere. It just isn't something I am into. The one near my house also plays two different movies that you can sit through, instead of just one movie. I don't know if that is normal or not. It is the only one I have ever been to.

• Can't say since it will be my first time. :-)

• Drive ins and outdoor movies are awesome, bring some snacks and enjoy yourself, maybe some bug spray would help if it's warm there, if not consider a blanket so you don't get a chill from the night air. Another side note is that if you go to one on a date it's very romantic if you are into romance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drive-in movies are fun, I dig them! There are two close to my home.

The main thing I like is being able to bring in my own food, so I can eat and drink whatever I want... and yes that includes alcohol (which if I'm the driver I am responsible and know my drinking limits).

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya they are great for getting distracted in the car

1|1
    0|0
  • It's good background noise for baby makin.

http://i.imgur.com/s3wu9z3.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they can be a lot of fun. I think they are better as a couple than as a group. Bring your favorite snacks. The only thing I don't really like about them is the bathroom situation.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your opinion but what's wrong with the bathrooms?

• They tend to be inadequate for the number of people. Additionally, you have to go outside to get to them and you wind up easy food for the mosquitoes.

• That stinks then for sure and I hate bugs so bad.

• Yes but last I went to one was in the 80's, since then all of them around here went under.

1|0
    0|0
  • We have one in my area called the starlite, I absolutely love it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Great can't wait to go :-)

• Good! some great times were had at my drive in. Plus the food and atmosphere is good as well. Some even allow Alcohol

• never been to one

1|0
    0|0
  • Never been to one. Seems fun though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds fun!

1|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7