Depressed about my height?

I'm only 5'7 at the moment and the doctor said my final height would be 5'8-5'9. Currently I'm 17 so I don't know should I expect to get another growth spurt. The heights not what I hate but the fact that I've heard stories how short men aren't attractive etc. And to be honest at first my thought was "maybe I should date short women then." But nope. Apparently short girls are the ones who want the tallest guy they can get. Reading about stuff like this really kills me in the inside.

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'8 isn't that short! I'm 5'8 myself but when I was younger the doctor said I would become 5'5 and 5'7 at the most and now I'm an inch taller than the 5'7 they predicted I probably wouldn't become. These growth charts they have are based on the average and aren't always right! And really don't worry 5'8 is not so short there are plenty of girls who are shorter and I would date a guy my height or even an inch shorter. Short girls (under 5'6) that only want to date guys 6'0 and taller are shallow plus these huge height differences look ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• trust me when I say this, you won't find success with that attitude.

• It's kind of hard to change my attitude since I've been told these kinds of stuff and I don't really know is it true or not.

• I'm not really bitter about it. I just feel like I have a disadvantage so I'm a little sad about it.

• im not saying you were being bitter, but if there comes a point you start to feel bitter, just drop it and keep trying or take a break, best thing you could do.

What Girls Said 15

• Dude I didn't stop growing until 21 so you'll have well into your 20s

Also think about it this way. The average American woman is only 5"5'. You've already got over two inches on most of us so I wouldn't even worry.

• My boyfriend is only like 5'5"-5'6" and he's plenty sexy to me. I'm 5'2" by the way.

• I'm 5"7 and I would be perfectly happy with a guy your height. Yes I would prefer a taller guy, but In experience the shorter guys tend to be more attractive. In fact I'm often afraid guys my size or shorter won't like me but I always form crushes on them. Anyways don't worry about your height, if a girl likes you she likes you, if she doesn't then she doesn't. Height won't lessen your amount of female attraction gained, in my opinion at least.

• First, 5'7 isn't that short, nor is it unattractive. And you're still growing and going through puberty, I think it's safe to assume you'll go through another growth spurt. And if not then that's okay, at least you're not 4'11. Honestly not all girls like really tall guys. So keep your chin up man.

• 5'7''-5'9'' isn't too short. I know plenty of women who are with men that height. My best friend, who is 5'8'', pretty much only dated men her height or shorter. Right now she is with someone taller than her for the first time in her life. My aunt married a man who is 5'6'' and she is 5'8'', so there are women out there who do not discriminate against short men.

• You're a guy, so you'd still be growing until around 21.
    My guy told me he used to be only 5'2" at 16 and was stopped by the cops when he first got his driver's license cos they thought he was a 12-year-old driving a car! It wasn't until he graduated from high school that he got to his current height of 5'10".

• People obsess way too much over this tbh...

• You're not a short guy. I don't see what the issue is.

• I really don't see how the hell 5'7" is "short." The tallest I will ever get is 5'5". If a guy is taller than me by two inches, I have no problem with that. You aren't short at all. You're average. Midgets have it far worse, so stop complaining.

• 5'7 isn't short in my opinion. I have male cousins who are shorter then me I'm 5'6 and they're all happily married. So don't stress about your height. They aren't the right person for you if they have a problem with your height.

• That's not even short, lol.
    You're fine.

• I'm 5'7 as well so don't worry brush we can be short together 😊

• You make me feel bad about being short

• One of the guys who broke my heart the most in my younger years was only 5'8 or so...

Height by itself doesn't crush a guy's chances as much as this board seems to suggest. IRL, I know several short men who are absolute chick magnets because they stay fit, groom well, make people laugh, are interesting, etc.

• Who cares what others think/say. Be happy with who you are and enjoy your life.

What Guys Said 9

• Im shorter than you are, and I've still have girls that are into me. Don't obsess too much over things you can't change, as doing so literally does nothing for you. Focus on the things that are within your power to alter

• lol I'm 5"8' and I'm fine with it. You wouldn't see me complaining if I was taller, but what does being depressed for having an average height will do for you? lol

• My friend is 5'2 and he is the happiest man ever dude , you walk on legs some are crimpled you have legs and you can do great things with them and you aren't really that short , just be happy dude with what you got

• Dude who cares about height!! I'm over 6'4 and I can't get a girlfriend for my life. Height means shit.

• Who cares it will limit some dating options but oh well you can't help it but that's coming from a guy who is 6'2

• You will be more depressed if you were 6'9" to be honest. You're better off being 5'7" to 5'9"...

• you need MISC.

• yeah they are unattractive. Im 5'10 deal with it.

• Well I'm 5'3", so deal with it.