You're in the house alone and you find your partner's secret diary. Would you read it?

Assuming your partner does have a secret diary (.. weird..) !

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be tempted to but I wouldn't

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not. We've lived together for 6 months and I've never even looked in his drawer in his nightstand. I don't think he has anything secret in there but it just feels like it's his space so I just don't snoop in there. If I happened to find a diary I wouldn't read it. Same as I wouldn't root through his mail or snoop around his phone or social media.

What Guys Said 23

• I wouldn't read it, if I want to know something or suspect something I ask directly. If they don't tell me and it's a negative then I let them know that they need to tell me and if they lie due to thinking that I'd judge them I make it clear that I won't however if they won't say then maybe it's time to let them go and consider people that are more open and honest, if they can't trust you or anyone then they should not be in a relationship with anyone.

• Well you have to read it!!! They left it out for you!

• hell yeah!!!

• I would probably be more bored than curious if I read her secret diary. I've read women's secret diary's in the past and it turned out to be a huge disappointment.
    Nothing about lesbian urges or sexy slumber parties or curiosity about trying anal with her boyfriend. It's just regular crap that happened during the day.

• It would be re-reading what I know already. Loss of time thus.

• Yes, and recite specifics details back to to her. Romantic right?

• No way. That's her private space.

• Oh I would. I couldn't resist!

• No, I respect the privacy of others and expect the same.

• no... that is hers

• Nah, I respect people's privacy.

• Nope, invasion of privacy.

• We're all gonna say no here xause we want to look good

• No. I would leave it where I found it.

• I will not do it

• Nope

• Yes haha

• That's grounds for a break up. No.

• Really? would you break up with your partner if he/she read your diary? I wouldn't (I'de be upset though)

• I'd never be able to trust them. Not much of a point to a relationship if there's no trust.

• Im not sure if I would, however I would let her read mine.
    I am fully open to her, because I want to and because I need to. She is someone I fully trust and can open myself with.

• I wouldn't read it

• That's good.. Wish I could say the same :(

• Such self confidence. That's great.

• I always believe the the truth will always come out

• I'd read it

• Hell yes I would.

What Girls Said 17

• yeah I would hahaha! who wouldn't come on. I share everything with my partners when I'm in a relationship, if he has something to hide I'd be concerned. I'd be interested in how his mind works from the inside not even the information that's written down. I want to know all parts of him.

• My partner went ahead and read mine just to find dark poetry and disturbing observations on life and society.
    I just know he wouldn't have a diary but I wouldn't because somethings are private for a reason hah

• Nah sounds boring haha!

• Guys don't know how to hold a pencil and write on paper these days. All they do is text type on ipads, mobiles and laptops.

• NO! NO! NO! NO!!! I can not emphasis enough. That is a violation of privacy and plain rude.

I would NEVER do that to him nor would I like him to do that to me. We both have diaries but its our safe haven. If you violate that, that defeats the whole purpose.

• Of course, I would read it!!! I would not pass up on the golden opportunity to discover all his dirty secrets. I would also be very interested in reading all the things he wrote about me.

• No, that's grounds for a break up.

• Hell yeah I'd read it, I couldn't resist. The urge would make it incapable for me to just let it go and like I never discovered it in the first place.

• I wouldn't

I'd torture myself wondering what it is, while I put it back where I found it. And I might ask about it, hoping to get something out of it. If he doesn't want me to read it though, I won't

• YES!!!

• Yes I would!!

• Noooo. That is their personal thoughts.

• No I wouldn't. Now if that diary belonged to some one I hate then yes.

• No! Pleas respect your partner's privacy

• Yes. Because there is no privacy between us and we're not easy to turn into the jealousy.

• No, I trust my boyfriend 100%. There would be no need to invade his privacy.

• Nope