Rate this Mythological creature: The Hydra?

a serpentine water monster in Greek and Roman mythology. Its lair was the lake of Lerna in the Argolid, which was also the site of the myth of the Danaids. Lerna was reputed to be an entrance to the Underworld and archaeology has established it as a sacred site older than Mycenaean Argos. In the canonical Hydra myth, the monster is killed by Heracles, using sword and fire.

It possessed many heads, the exact number of which varies according to the source. Later versions of the Hydra story add a regeneration feature to the monster: for every head chopped off, the Hydra would regrow one or multiple heads. The Hydra had poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent was deadly.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh its ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Bad ass baby! Dope AF☺👍 I'd be scarred to enter the water

• 4/5, dude, I really like the hydra <3

• Pretty cool. :)

• 3/5 meh it's ok 🙃

• I liked using that one in persona.

Though annoying to fight in other games.

• >>>"Though annoying to fight in other games."

^ Hahaha yes! I always remember fighting the Hydra in the last game of a series called "Quest for Glory" back in the 90s, which was an adventure/RPG hybrid for the PC, made during the heyday of adventure gaming. :D

img.gamefaqs.net/screens/c/9/b/gfs_41400_2_35.jpg

Look at those sweet 90s-era graphics! LOL.

• @nfigure Ahh yes Quest for Glory, i only recently tried one out. quite interesting.

• @Toad-1 It's still my overall favorite game series ever! :D Unfortunately the developers left the software with a few annoying bugs (although some were later patched up), but other than that, and especially considering the era's technology, it's still one of the most ambitious series in terms of content, in my opinion! It really tried to span as much of a spectrum of experiences as possible. There were day/night cycles, you had to worry about getting enough food/water/sleep (and safe places to sleep), fighting baddies and developing skills for the RPG aspect, dialogue and environment exploration for the adventure-game aspect (and you can click on most things in the environment to make an observation about it, many times a funny one), epic stakes in some moments, quiet and personal moments in others, drama in some parts, hilarious comedy in others, etc. You work on saving the world sometimes, and in others you work on just finding a lost basket that a woman's mom once gave to her. xD

• I don t like it
    it reminds me of Hercules though

• It's a 3/5

• Pffft.
    Hercules kicked its ass.
    Rate it zero.

• not a fan

• Wow I like it

What Guys Said 13

• YES! Now we're talking! :P This is a big improvement over the "imp" last time from this Mythological Creatures series. xD

That first picture, with the glowing purple Hydra, is really awesome!

• if I were religious, I'd point out that it's not mythical. The rise of a 7-headed dragon is foretold in the book of revelation..

• Truly a menacing creature that's for sure, wouldn't it be crazy if we lived in world were creatures like this actually were alive? certainly would be interesting.

• Definitely one of my favorites

• Hmm @Sweethomocidalqueen did something like this before i think?

• 2/10, literally a useless fag until it's heads are cut off. Never wins in the stories and isn't in Game of Throwns.

I would rather have two Satyrs, a bag of Reese's cereal, and a 23 year old Volvo than one Hydra.

• Meh it's ok. Show me what else you got Toad!

• 0|0
  • 3/5 meh its ok.

• 4/5 its a cool creature

• These things kick so much ass

• Hydra is pretty cool.

• Badass