Music these days just isn't doing it for me, anyone else?

I've been listening to a lot of my old favourites from Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Eskimo Joe, Foo Fighters and Powderfinger. Does anyone else miss any particular bands or artists from the early 2000's and 90's? If so who!

Just to clarify I know the bands I have listed will release music on occasion still, however it's not like it use to be. I miss the old stuff and wish it was still that good.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• What's to miss? Their music didn't go away? It's Mostly what I listen to every day.

• Not really making much/if any new stuff and what they do make is rubbish compared to there old stuff.

• But you can still revisit their old music and even rediscover some songs from the past you hadn't heard. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell of Soundgarden have continued to create new solo stuff that pretty good. One of my fave oldies is when they merged their bands and formed the band Temple of The Dog.
      http://youtu.be/VUb450Alpps

What Guys Said 12

• while im more of a 60's 70's guy and this is my kind of music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXlFjTTqtk

but talking about you era of music i would say i miss this kind of music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIYcpkpCmiE

• Yeah I hate the rappers of today except for a few of the old ones from the 90s. Huge Biggie and Tupac fan. Jay-Z and bunch of those guys. Not really feeling it from today's music. Some of it is catchy. I do like Pharrell even JT but some of this stuff is bad. Big part of the reason is no one write their own music anymore.

• Foo Fighters and RHCP still makes music. Probably not for too much longer. Flea's getting old. My brothers probably favorite band that was popular in the 90s was The Smashing Pumpkins.

• Yes I know, I meant that they don't make much music anymore and what they do make hasn't really been any good or at least no where near as good as there old stuff.

• I liked it, but I didn't feel like it was THEM it's very very different to anything else they've blessed us with

• Yeah they have a guy from Radiohead helping with it and I think it really shows.

• It's terrible. The lyrics are repulsive and vulgar.

• A girl after my own heart! I love 90s music. Mostly 90s alternative like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Linkin Park used to be phenomenal! I miss korn and Disturbed good early stuff

• Hell yeah, Nirvana, Sublime, Tupac, etc.

• I miss the R&B back then

• Can't stop addicted to the shindig, chop top he says I'm gunna win big!

• Pandora has algorithms for this I thought.

• I have to go back further than 2000's or 90's to find most of my kind of music.

• Yeah, I wish Orgy would have made it bigger and stuck around.

• I feel you. Although I dislike 00s music, I like 90s music as well when it comes to Techno-related genres or Gothic/Post-Punk but definitely not Alternative Rock or Grunge. They destroyed the way Rock was during the 80s by trying to "not sound 80s" and make it sound like shit.

Personally I still listen to bands like Touch, Loverboy or Autograph and I don't follow modern music anymore. Dunno why but 80s music had some kind of "magic" in both worlds (Electronic and Rock genres) whether the tracks were for the stadium or for the dancefloor they sounded great.

Not all 80s music was great though. Stuff like Soul, Country or Jazz sounded like shit in any decade. Can't get how people liked them. Very lousy and monotonous genres.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah I don't listen to what's on the radio these days unless I hear something that is very talented like Adele

• Todays music does nothing for me either. In my iphone I have music from the 60s and up. Very few "newer" songs.
    I have everyone from the Beatles to Marilyn Manson. It depends on my mood on who I listen to.

• I listen to a lot of music from the 2000's. On Youtube I type 2002 music hits or 2004 music hits and I enjoy it. It brings me back memories. I feel nostalgic of that time.

• I feel the same way, but there are some popular artist of today that I do like like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande

• i grew up in the 90's. i really miss people like Alice N Chains, the old school Nine Inch Nails, ICP, and many more... heck, most of my music collection consists of older style music because i cannot stand today's music either.

• Hell YEAH, Queen, RHCP, Nirvana, genesis, Sting/the police, Puddle of mud etc and loads loads more

• I miss the 80's and 90's music. The early 2000's were amazing as well, music nowadays all sounds the same. It's rather annoying.