Which is worse: having no choice or having too many choices?

I’ll have to agree with Karl Pilkington on this one: having too many choices can be overwhelming. I’d much rather have a few limited choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDhNdIGmkcM

• no choice
    Vote A
  • too many choices
    Vote B
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Having too many choices may be a first world problem.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No choice is worst. ex) I have a serious bacterial infection-nothing can treat it... vs I have a serious bacterial infection-there are many options of treatment.

ex) My father tells me I have to marry the neighbor, he is physically intimidating me, and locks me in cellar vs Damn, all these boys are dropping at my feet. Who am I going to choose?

I think too many choices is indeed a first world problem.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• With no choice, you HAVE to do X but with too many choices, at LEAST you have the choices between A through Z.

I'd rather have A LOT because of a variety, rather than none. I'd rather be given choices in what imma do, wear, recieve, give etc. I don't wanna be forced into something I had no say on.

0|0
    0|0
  • no choice
    For example... you do your hw now or you drop out! No choice is the worst. Unlike you have a choice to do your test anytime this week. Thats awesome since than you have a choice to either study or nothing at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • With no choice you feel forced, but with too many choices you feel pressured. I would personally choose many options because that would give me the chance to find the least excruciating one.

0|0
    0|0
  • no choice unless ur indecisive

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many choices... I don't believe there's "no choice" in any situation :P

0|0
    0|0
  • having no choice is worse by far

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather have to many choices then no choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having no choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Vote A, no contest. I luuuurve having options :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Are you living in a communist country or something? I would NEVER, EVER, EVER, give up having choices, even 'too many'. But what is that? What is too many choices? How can you be so overwhelmed with choices, that you would rather have none?
    Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Mountain Dew (OH, GODS, WHICH FLAVOR?) Sunkist Orange or Root Beer? Isn't it great to be able to say, Fck the lot of them, I want a Dr. Pepper right now, but maybe a Pepsi later!!
    I wonder about people in other places that don't have so many choices!! How do they live with just the sht they are given?

0|1
    0|0
  • Those 2 guys are absolute dicks. Let the guy talk, damn.

Anyway, no choice is definitely worse. I you have a lot of choice, you have multiple ways about situations. Without a choice, you are forced to do whatever it is you get.

0|1
    0|0
    • I know man, they interrupt Karl too often - he does have some good stuff to say every now and then.

• Yea, and they act like they are so much better than him. They can at least have a little respect for him.

• a lot of people will say too little, but most statistics show that too many choices are worse due to the subconscious... also, i fucking love those 2 +karl pilkington :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely having no choice.

I see students in my high school complain about having too many college/university offers. Like for fuck's sake, at least you didn't get rejected by all your colleges you applied for like I have.

0|2
    0|0
  • Having no choices would be too boring, so it would be worse.

0|1
    0|0
  • Having no choice, because your options are limited. Too many choices are for those who are scared to be in charge.

0|0
    0|0
  • No choice is always worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans suck at making choices. It's why dating is so hard today. So hard. SOOOO HAAAAARD!

0|0
    0|0
  • having no choice is worst i would say

0|0
    0|0
  • Choices don't matter if you got a goal.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's worse to not have any choices.

0|0
    0|0