Should I buy window 8 for my apple computer?

I have an old 2014 apple laptop! BUT the problem is my online class said I will need window 8. I don't know if I should but it or not. I have window word and those computer program since my school give it free as long as you are still a student at the community college. But I don't have the program! So should I buy it! ?

The class is called:

ITE 115 - Intro. to Computer Applic. & Concepts

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you kidding me you don't need Windows 10 for that all you need is a pic with Microsoft Office package in it.. You can even do it on a computer with windows XP..

itunes.apple.com/.../id516943955?mt=10

I think you are not very smart when it comes to software and digital stuff.. Tbh whoever is telling you to buy it legally and all is just using you to earn profit and other way around improving his business and emptying your wallet.. Go and meet a computer geek.. He will do everything for you for free.. ..
    My younger brother installed 2 windows XP and Windows 7 on a cheap PC.. When he was 12.. And both were running fine.. ..

And the link I found if that is what you are asking then it does not requires windows 10 what is required is 'Microsoft Office package 2010` it's software version..
    www.labnol.org/.../
    I hope this page will get you free software and you can see a key online

Most Helpful Girl

• Apple products are crap, you should just get a pc.

• OO: I love apples!

• I like eating real apples, I just hate all that apple company stands for. Plus most schools only work with PC stuff and not apple.

What Guys Said 20

• Sure, why not? As long as you can afford to, then get it since you need it. You will have to dual boot your laptop with Bootcamp so it can boot up into Windows 8 OR into Mac OS X. As long as the computer meet all the requirements which I'm sure that it will then you should be fine.

Depending which MS Office version the class will cover, if it's MS Office 2016 then you can also get Office 2016 for Mac OS X. Otherwise just use the one available on Windows.

• buy VM ware of use bootcamp to be able to switch over to windows. I prefer VMWare because i don't have to log out, i can do it all on the same screen. and what you mean old? 2014 ain't old...
    oooh do you have the retina screen too? :)

• yes I do lol! I am not gonna buy it! i'll just use it!

• sounds complicated lol

• well, you did shell out a lot of money for it, if you wanted simple, you could have gotten windows.

• I think you should just get Windows 10, it's both Windows 8 and Windows 7 rolled into 1. I'm still using Windows 7 and love it. I never did like windows 8 as it's designed for touch screens.

• ohh! Can you help me find that page where you buy the code! I can't find it ):

• @dogbert444 YES!! That's exactly what it was thank you... I read that and was like, what the hell, don't need people using my internet, and dragging my bandwidth down..

• Get 7 or 10, 8 wasn't as good.
    If you go with 10 you will stay up to date much longer and you will automatically get the newer versions for free.

Personally i used to be a Windows fan, for me its still the best operating system to use after trying several linux versions they never lived up, neighter did osx.

Its entirely up to you Apple, if you only ever used Mac's then it may take some getting used to. But i am sure you used Windows on plenty of other machines.

• ... Apple Laptop? You mean on a Mac?

Can you even install Windows on that thing?

Well, technically you can, but it takes some magic...

Honestly, I would have never bought the Apple laptop in the first place! ^_^

• He is right.. Mac are nice but like a closed door.. You can trifle with them as you want..

• @Nik1hil nah I am just gonna use another computer or somthing.

• it would of course depend on why you need windows for that course.

by the way what makes me chuckle is: "i have an "old" 2014!!! laptop XD" you should buy a quality windows laptop. those will last you 4-5 years before you´d have to call them "old" unlike those apple laptops who are old like the second you bought them xD

• hey hey! I am apple! lol

• I am totally confused right now haha!

• i mean i don´t know if the microsoft software you can download on a mac works in the same way it would in windows.

it can be quite different, hence difficult to follow along with the course. also there´s windows exclusive software which they might use. i don´t know. ask them.

it´s pretty easy to install windows on a mac.

• Don't do 8. You're better off with either 7 or 10. Every customer I had who bought a computer with 8 upgraded to 10 as soon as it was available and never looked back. I'm still holding onto 7 until the last minute.

• http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Apparently you can. I didn't even know this until today.

• The question is should I?

• I know... I am just not gonna buy it... and see if I can borrow someone else ):

• You could technically run windows in a virtual machine, but I think you'd still have to buy it... so meh...

• It depends on the cost of windows weather you should buy windows for your Apple computer, cause it might be a better deal to instead of buying windows for your Apple computer, to just buy a used windows laptop, especially on amazon if you look good you can get a decent used windows laptop for about the same price or a little more than what it would cost for windows for your apple computer. Shy away from windows 8 and go with windows 7, windows 8.1 or windows 10. Also if you plan on going with buying windows for your apple computer, make sure you get a Full/Retail version and not a cheaper OEM version as installing a OEM version of windows on you apple computer breaks the Windows EULA.

• Use the free one from school. It works the same

• The teacher said i NEED window 8 soo ):

• You can restore your other after you finish the class.
      It's not to bad. I don't like it personally but it didn't hurt me

• Don't do it. Apple computers work much better with Mac.

• Sure I would

• I don't know anything much about computers, but I'm wondering... You don't choose Apple computers simply for the name, do you? lol 😅

• smh seriously just buy a separate laptop for 150$

• I'd be asking exactly what you need windows 8 for before spending any money

• Windows 8 is terrible. There is a reason no businesses would buy it, and they are skipping from 7 to 10.

• Get windows 10 its just Windows 8 with a few extras.

• No. Windows 7 was the last good windows. Native with unit EOL date approaches.

• You can make a dual boot on your macbook , so you have both systems on it.

• no Windows 8 sucks, choose either the 10 or the 7

What Girls Said 4

• Go with Windows 10

• If it's needed for the class you don't have a choice do you?

• meh I think I am just going to use my little cousin computer or the library! ):

• Yea if money is an issue good idea.

• I still use Windows 7. It's recommended for my work applications.

• I don't think you can install Windows on a Mac... but you can try.
    If you are going to get Windows, get the latest one (Windows 10).