Did you attend prom?

Tis the season when many of my former students send me their prom pics. Sometimes I get nostalgic. So, did you go to prom? How good a time did you have?

• Yes, I attended prom and I enjoyed it
  • Yes, I attended prom and it was ok
  • Yes, I attended prom and had a bad time
  • No, I didn't attend prom but I wish I did
  • No, I didn't attend prom but I don't care
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I attended prom and I enjoyed it
    It was so fun! My friends and I rented a Limousine like this one
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/rezgo/66/59428/72594.jpg
    And went around the city in it with the Music playing loud before going to the prom place, wohoo and I loved my dress and make up :D

• Glad you had a great time. Two questions: How much was the limo and who paid for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't go. It's not something I even thought about. Just not my thing. In hindsight I don't feel like I missed anything either.

I did go to an informal after-prom though. I don't remember much of it. I just remember I was in another room, and walked by where the band was. They started playing Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple, which was a recent big hit. Except for the general layout of the building, that's about all I remember.

• Sounds like you might have had a better time than most.

Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• It's nice to have long term friends like that. I moved around a lot and lost touch with my friends from high school. But I'm still in touch with friends I knew from the neighborhood when I was little. One will be in town next month, so it's be the first time I've seen him in 5-6 years. It's funny how we get together and immediately revert to how we acted 30-40 years ago. The wives get a kick out of seeing their husband acting alike a child again. :P

• I think my wife wanted me to go to my reunion more than I did.

What Girls Said 26

• I attended, sure. It's nowhere near as big a deal here in England as it is in America, but we do have one when we're like... 15-16. It was fun, I guess, I went with my friend.

• Interesting. Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Honestly I like prom more for the pictures lol because nice dresses and high high heels are hard to really dance in, but mine were fun!

• I did not attend prom and I'm still glad, to this day, I didn't throw away hundreds of dollars on one night I most likely would not have enjoyed.

• Good perspective. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• I voted B, but it was really boring.

• Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

Why was it boring?

• Hmm

Not a dance? I could see how that would be boring.

• Yeah, just some performances. They might have started one by the end of it, but I and most everyone had already started leaving then. X)

• Yes, I went to the prom. It was the best day/night of my life so far.
    I felt good with myself, had some fun and in the end something special happened to me.
    So, it was great! If I could I would go to the prom again.

• I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• You're welcome :)

I already voted on A.

• Thank god there's no such thing where i grew up. Another example of an American assuming every gager is American. There are other countries on planet earth, you know... All of US have access to the Internet...

• I attended my senior prom only, not my junior one. I did enjoy myself, though.

• I went to several and always loved it!

• I just went last week and it was pretty fun 😊 I couldve done something just as fun for a lot less money however but oh well at least I now have the experience

• I attended to prom three times. The first time it was okay, and the other two times were really good because those times prom was held in a place other than the school cafeteria. It was at a hotel night club.

• Yeah I did. Junior and senior prom.

• No. I didn't get asked lol

• They had a buffet style dinner and all of it was fucking sea food and I am allergic to all sea food then found out that the drink were not covered by the tickets that cost $150.00each. In short it blew goats

• I didn't. We had harsh dress codes and we could only wear certain style of dresses. I wasn't going to spend time and money on that.

• Out of curiosity, what was the dress code?

• No idea what that is. And no it was public, the senior class ahead of us just fucked it up for all of us.

• Parochial schools are religious schools.

• Yes I attended prom, it was good.

• Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Yes and it was great.

• No I never went.

• I didn't attend prom and I had no desire to.

• Nope, and I regretted it afterwards, I'll probably go next year which is senior year, though (:

• Vote E

• No I never attended prom

• no i haven't attended prom but i plan to next year

• We don't had prom...

• Been considering asking a guy to prom for about 2 weeks but now that he seems to not want to talk to me I decided to not go. It's in like 3 weeks so I prolly didn't have time to get everything ready anyway.

• Would you consider asking him anyways?

• None of my friends want to go. I don't really want to go either and the only reason I even considered going was because I met that guy. Now that bed sort of off the table I'm not even gonna bother with prom cause it's not something I'd enjoy anyway.
      Thanks for the advice though!

• For what it's worth, my pleasure.

• Didtn and didn't want to.

• My prom was over 10 years ago and it sucked. My date was awful (a friend of a friend) and he danced with everyone but me.

• Wow. That sucks. Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

What Guys Said 19

• I did. The ceremony sucked cause we had to cancel due to the stupid venue and their shitty problems, and some bad news I received -_-
    But then after that, we partied till 6am, had free drinks all night, danced with girls, made out... it was really fun.

• Sounds great. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• I never attended a school dance or social. I wonder how it was like because I was the stoner kid who always spent most of his time with similar minded friends who never liked even being at school. And my prom, I had a messed up senior year and didn't attend grad or my prom. I just got my high school diploma from the school office on report card pick up day. Maybe that's why I'm so awkward with girls. Never learned how to approach girls back then.

• Are you making efforts to approach them now? And thanks for sounding off.

• But why would I do that when all I want is friends

• I see. Then it isn't necessary.

• I didn't, no. In fact I purposely avoided it.

• Yeah, it was a lot of fun

• No proms where I live, so I obviously never attended them.

• Where do you live?

• No, it's actually the ceremony that they give you your degree. But there's normally a party after it and... well, people dance.

• I see. Thanks for the enlightenment.
      ;)

• I went with one of my best friends. We had a great time because there was no pressure about kissing, sex or any of that BS.

• I attended my first prom at the end of April. It was my first time dancing with people, and I had a surprisingly good time.

• I never wanted to go to prom, simply because I saw it as a waste of my time. Me and my friends stayed home and played GTA, I know it sounds boring, but we had a much better time than we would have had we gone to prom.

• I went to a disco when I was about 8. I have never been to any school gathering after that. :)

• I sure did. I had a blast at my prom until my date threw up all over me. Yeah she was pretty drunk lol.

• Oh boy. What happened with the tux?

• The jacket and some of the pant was full of vomit lol lucky we were all in a hotel so I cleaned up the tux the best I could then put it in a bag. Put on some clothes I packed earlier that day and took the tux to the cleaners the next day.

• Do a thing I don't want to do with people I don't like? Nah.

• I didn't attend mine and I have no regrets on that account.

• Thank you for sounding off, Agrojag. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• I'll be going to it this year!

• It's not a thing here.

• I have attended a prom a couple of times, proms are very overrated though. It was okay.

• Nah I dropped out last year to get my G. E. D this year so no I didn't go to prom this year

• What does the future hold in store for you?

• Best of luck to you.

• I did. Her tits were so huge and soft. Is there anything hotter than an obese 18 year old girl? No. There is not.

• Nope, I probably should but I didn't go...

• Do you mind if I ask why you say you probably should have?

• I see. Perhaps some did like you.

May I ask what you are doing now to remedy the situation?

• What can I do? I go out every weekend, but the girls are not interested in me - I'm not rich, I'm not muscular, I'm not very tall, I don't drive a car, I don't look like Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio, I have no self-confidence... and most girls probably consider me "too old".

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more