Are guys actually protective or do they behave like that because they think girls want them to?

I've often wondered this.

All of the quintessential romantic movies/books show some guy saving a girl but I really wonder if that's reality or not.

It was Valentine's day and I was listening to some guy shit-talking about his girlfriend who kept throwing tantrums until he gave her a big teddy bear and then she finally shut up.

That and many more examples of such behaviour really makes me wonder sometimes..

Most Helpful Guy

• It feels natural to me. I specifically remember feeling that way as far back as kindergarten.

However I'd most likely stand back and see if she handles it herself before stepping in. But then I'd also probably do that if it was a guy - so whatever. I guess it's kind of an underdog thing.

What Guys Said 5

• It's probably a thing in our nature because I always feel the urge to protect my girlfriend physically and emotionally whenever I feel that she needs it, even when she says she doesn't need it.

• romance movies are not shit guys actually do or guys pretend to do. that's shit some chick or dude made up to get other chicks wet

• As for me not really, I don't protect girls as I a " their problems are not mine approach " unless I've warmed up to them.

• I feel very protective of all of the women I know. SO, friends, family, etc - all of them.

• it's true it's damn true

What Girls Said 0