How to approach my father about moving to Florida by myself next summer (2017)?

He's kind of strict. I need to approach him in a smart way, instead of just saying it's my dream to move there
please suggest things

Most Helpful Guy

• At your age there should be no question about how to approach him. You have been old enough to makes those decisions for years. Just tell him (calmly) that this is what you decided.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have a plan. I would say this to you even without the thing with your dad. If you can prove that you can make it on your own and you have already thought about everything, that should help your case. Find a job, have a place, have a plan in place for what you want to do.

What Guys Said 4

• Line up a job befor you move. Tell him this is where you want to live and settle down. Scoop out university materials. Not sure if you went to clear or not. Where are you moving from?

• you're 24. you can do what you want

• What part are you moving to Florida?

• I was thinking Tampa or somewhere near Miami
      Do you live there?

• Miami = $$$$. You need a PLAN to move down there, or else you'll end up basically out on the street.

If you're just kinda packing yr stuff and heading down there on a wing and a prayer, then -- unless you are specifically planning to get a job in the South Beach nightlife/fashion scene -- go to Tampa first, because the cost of living there is, like, half as much.

• just like this i'm moving

What Girls Said 3

• Find a job and then move for the job. It's hard to argue with someone moving for a job.

• honestly you are 24 years old. make the arrangements and tell him you're going to do it.

• You're 24 you can make your own decisions.