Do you ever go to the movies alone?

Do you ever go to the movies alone?

• Yes
  • No
  • I hate movies.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't mind going alone. Especially since a lot of my friends aren't into animated movies anymore. Finding Dory LOL looking forward

• Batman: The Killing Joke! Looking forward xD

• Whats weird about DC superhero movies is that they always nail it in their animated movies, but there is always something lacking when it comes to live action movies. The best Batman movie isn't The Dark Knight, or any of the Nolan movies. The best Batman movie is an animation called Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

• @Pac-Man Maybe it's cause they have more control over their animation than they do over people? Either way I think I just really like animated stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a few times, like if I am out of town and just want to see a movie randomly, that's happened a couple times. Or recently I wanted to see Big Short, but not many girls would want to see that, so I just went to go see it Saturday mid-day for a matinee.

What Girls Said 35

• I've gone to many movies alone. I don't always have someone to go with and instead of staying couped up in the house, I go out.

It does kind of suck, but it's not as bad as what people think. Most people don't even notice you are by yourself. And honestly there are other people there alone too.

A lot of times I find that I want to see a movie that none of my friends want to see. So instead of missing it all together, I'll go out and see it on my own.

It's kind of freeing being able to go somewhere like that on your own and have a good time. I like having a bit of a break. Like I love my friends, but most of my friends have kids. So now whenever we do anything it revolves around kid stuff. So it's nice to just go out and enjoy my life without kids :)

• Yeah I've gone alone a couple times. I really wanted to see the movie and nobody else did, so.

• I watch the great gastby alone since I don't have friends lol!

• It's expensive to go to the movies. I don't even like movies. I don't watch anything on a TV screen at all. If I want some kind of entertainment, I just watch YouTube videos on my laptop.

• never done that before. i dont want to either lol.

• I've never tried to do that, but it's something I can see myself doing.
    I really don't understand why is such a big deal for some people.

• No. I always try to bring at least one friend with me. It's more fun that way.

• No, I haven't. I feel awkward without someone there to discuss the movie with afterwards, haha.

• Only once, I think. It was either to kill time while waiting for someone or it was a movie that nobody else wanted to go see. Or it could've been both. I don't remember.

• No, I've never been to the cinema on my own, that just seems so sad :/

• Never have but I would if there was something I wanted to see and had no one to go with.

• I usually don't but I decided to go alone once to watch Valentine's Day haha.

• Sure, what's the problem? When I want to see a real movie and not some action-packed blowing up with fire crap all a piece of crap, I go to the movies by myself

• I have no problem with it, I enjoy going by myself. Some people get so weird about it.

• Tell them the following, "if you think that's weird sometimes I masturbate in the movie theater just to feel like I'm having a normal date." That will do the freak on them

• yeah, that would do it.

• Yeah I have before

• No. Never. I rarely even watch movies alone by myself at home unless it's on in the background while I multitask. For me, movies are together time because I like talking about it after (and exchange a few during as well).

• i hate seeing movies at the theater, they always shush u and i like giving commentary

• I've gone to the movies alone by myself and I was just fine.

• i did like twice. skipped class and caught the matinee :D was kind of awesome.

• I haven't but I would. If no one else wants to come with me, why should that stop me from seeing the movie I want to see?

• Nooo. I would feel weird. That's just me.

• I don't but my Husband does occationally

• Lol I did once but it was boring I like going with friends. Plus I always get cold so I need to snuggle with someone.

• Nope. I dont like doing a lot alone. I feel awkward being out in public alone for some reason

• Never, lol.

• Who tf voted C 😳

• I'm never have, but I know so many that have

• No I don't

• yes a couple times to movies i found interesting and my friends not

• I never have.

• Yup.

• It's hard to organize a whole bunch of people to go see a movie and it ends up being some blockbuster I don't care to see. (e. g. Fast7) I want to watch movies like The Meddler

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 31

• i do and go straight to the back of the theater for the beast seats overlooking everything , its a good way to relax and not have to worry about people in front of you lol

• If there's ever a movie I want to see and nobody else will go with me, sure. But as long as it's not an R-rated movie my 11 year-old nephew will always want to come with if nobody else will.

• I have one time, because I was way up north getting my car repaired, and I took the bus to the mall, and there was a theater, so I saw The Witch by myself.

Other than that I've never seen one myself. Usually I go with my family, or friends. If I really wanna a movie I can usually count on my best friend to come or my dad.

• i have a few times... i don't see a problem with it. especially when its a movie i don't want interruptions in. then i go alone.

• I used to as a kid, they always had double matinees for cheap, so I could see two movies for the price of one, which also included cartoons and sometimes 3 stooges films in between the movies.

• My grandma has similar stories to that. Some smaller theaters by me have similar deals like that but they're rarely showing a movie I'd like to see.

• Yeah I agree that was on a military base back in the eighties. We have Cinema cafe here where I am and they tend to charge $2.50 for a movie that's old but you can also order food in a restaurant setting, so if it's something I really want to see I can wait till it is shown there.

• NO! Whenever I did I was tempted to take myself and take advantage of myself!

• Going to movies? Whats that?

https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=13254572

• I have never gone to the movies alone. I don't see an issue with the "alone" thing. If you want to see a particular flick and everyone around you has already seen it or is not interested, then go if you want to... The thing is, these days you can watch movies after they've been out for a couple of days in the theater over the internet for free... So if it's just about watching the movie I wouldn't waste time and money going alone, unless it's something you really want to see on the big screen. Those sorts of movies aren't all that common these days though. Hollywood just keeps shoveling crap...

• Sure a couple of times, I honestly don't see what the big deal is surrounding going alone, I mean it's a movie, just go and enjoy it.

• Yes, very often.

• I used to, but it became too depressing.
    Now I wait for something to become available on a service that allows me to watch it at home.

• I don't understand why it would be depressing, but whatever floats your boat.

• Years alone, wanting so much to have someone to love that my soul ached.
      Going to a cinema alone made me even more conscious of the pain, when I looked at the loved-up couples.

• I do.

A lot of girls can't seem to go to the bathroom alone, so it doesn't surprise me that a lot haven't been to a movie alone.

• I ALWAYS go alone. Other people distract me. Alone, I can be more involved in the movie.

• Yeah, from time to time.

• iv got a boyfriend now i can go to the movies with him now and not look like im about to mug someone xD

• no... and I'm not a movie guy anyway

• I go everywhere alone because I literally have no friends and no girlfriend

• Yes, I have

• i hate going to cinema, i love watching movies alone in my room.

• Sometimes when I am tired of people and when no one wants to see that film lol

• Yes all the time.

• Yes, I have no friends.

• I never go to movies unless it's wirht someone else.

• Yes. I really don't see what the issue is.

• Yes I'm a lonely guy

• movies are shit now

• sometimes if i really want to go and i dont find anyone else

• Yes any times

• Yeah

• once

• More from Guys
    1