Transgender people and transgender supporters, riddle me this?

If there's no difference between men and women like you claim, then how can transitioning from one to the other have any meaning at all let alone be as difficult as you say it is?

Most Helpful Girl

• If there was no difference between females and males, every creature on this planet would be a hermaphrodite.

as much as "feminists" lie to themselves, there is a PHYSICAL and BIOLOGICAL difference. for example, males are physically stronger than females, it's not a sexist opinion, it's a biological fact.

Even socially there's a biological difference whether "feminists" want it or not. Notice how female dogs are often more laid back than male dogs, and I'm pretty sure they don't have a stigma between them.

It's difficult because there are people out there who won't let you get a job because of the fact you're trans. or parents who will beat their kids because they're trans. and too many other examples.

ps I say feminists in quotes because they are not feminists, they are stupid sjw who think they're feminists. No, feminism does not mean degrade men. feminism does not mean males and females are biologically equal. those who say that are not feminists, they are delusional

• "males are physically stronger than females, it's not a sexist opinion, it's a biological fact." actually, studies have shown that men and women have roughly the same strength on average. strength isn't determined by the volume of your muscles, but rather by how much surface area they have in crosscuts. you can workout all you want and you will get plenty stronger, but your muscles will only actually get *bigger* to any significant degree if you're a guy who's reached puberty.

"It's difficult because there are people out there who won't let you get a job because of the fact you're trans. or parents who will beat their kids because they're trans. and too many other examples."

I could never help but be skeptical of claims like that. Not even the KKK go that far with black people.

• "The kkk never went that far"
      Holy fuck dude. I dont do history okay, I loathe history, absolutely hate it.

But even I know the KKK did much worse than just beat black people.

You need to shut your face and crawl out of your hole okay. And change your age back to fourteen like it ACTUALLY is. No 20 year old that I know is this stupid or immature.

• @BaileyisDarcy I have since learned that I was incorrect about the Klan. so yeah. by the way, do you know what the phrase "give the devil his due" means? it means that no matter how disagreeable a person is, you still ought to give them what is rightfully theirs. Now, i believe it to be a basic *human* right to be fairly and accurately represented. I am not a klan apologist or anything, I was simply giving them what I thought at the time was an accurate representation.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• Without sexism there would be no need for transgender surgery other than a physical presence. Like some people are short and feel they should be tall... We all have preferences and ways in which we feel we are able to truly be our real selves. For a lot if people they are lucky they don't need surgery to feel the real " me"? Others are less fortunate and often live in misery bc surgery is not an option.

Transgender shows that gender does not define behavior. Cultural prejudicial based cultural expectations are a very different matter. People face violence threat discrimination murder for behaving in ways that is not socially a sanctioned for their sex. Without that pressure, if Womena nd Men were free to be who they are not reduced to predestination of what they are and what that should mean, then I do not see a need for transgender a conditioning to feel genuine bc you'd already he accepted as you. A lot of people transition just rollover in leave not even bc they hate being in their body but bc they are not accepted for who they are as they are.

Just like people wouldn't break their bones and risk full lifetime if potential health risk as adults to gain a few inchea, if height was not used as a means to discriminate.

• As a guy who's taken two psychology classes, transgender people seem to me like they simply have a distorted self-image; no different from anorexics, really.

• Are you seriously asking this? Have you ever even met a transgender person?

• @itsallover I've spoken with several over deviantart.

• I don't know where you get the idea that this is what is being said. First off, there is a difference between genders, but mostly it's just gender identity and general trends in behavior or presentation. Basically, how someone dresses or acts doesn't make them any less a certain gender, and a lack of gender roles doesn't equate to a lack of gender identity. And actually, most trans people and trans allies support the idea that trans people don't have to physically transition for their identities to be valid.

Second, I don't understand where you're coming from about the difficulty of the transition? Like, taking hormones and having surgery is still difficult, and even if you choose not to do that, the process of coming out to all your friends and family would still be incredibly harrowing. As for meaningful, it's about presenting yourself as you really are. For some people that means taking on a more "female" presentation and body, for some it just means coming out and using different pronouns.

• Oh Skadouchebag, always living up to that name.

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, just because I disagree with a movement doesn't mean I hate the people involved.

• This was my first thought too :P

• "If there's no difference between men and women like you claim"

Cite a single source where that claim has been made by a transgendered person or supporter.

• www.breitbart.com/.../

If you want to se more, prod around deviantart

• Anyone who breezes through here and is looking for the appropriate term: It's Dunning-Kruger effect.

• Okay, you're still confusing me. what does this dunning-krueger effect have to do with our conversation?

• Based on an overwhelming popular opinion, I don't think people say that. Who did you hear say that? Everyone's different and that's what makes us.. us.

I don't support transgenders nor do I go against them. What they do have nothing to do with me.

• You seriously haven't heard people on that side of the argument claim stuff like this? I've seen people insist that they can't even see a difference between men and women.

• I've literally never heard anyone say that. Then again I do live in the south where homophobes run rampant and gender roles aren't forced, they're accepted.

• prod around deviantart or tumblr. you shoud find some such people very quickly.

• Who says there's no difference between men and women? Feminists? There is zero truth to that. Men and women are different but we complement each other nicely.

• You seriously haven't heard people on your side of the argument claim stuff like this? I've seen people insist that they can't even see a difference between men and women.

• I deliberately left out any hint of what side my opinion lies on, so please tell me where you got that idea and why you're so sure of it.

I'm not going to waste my time reading biased right wing garbage posted on Breitbart. But I'm going to guess the jist of the article: they interviewed a bunch of dumb radfem idiots who are too stupid to tell a penis from a vagina.

• sorry, it really sounded like you were trying to disagree with me. maybe it was my asperger's? and thanks for telling me that that site was biased. maybe you could prod around deviantart instead? I argue with these sorts of people over there all the time.

• Who even said there are no differences between men and women? Are you trying to purposely be obtuse just so you can prove your point?

• No. You seriously haven't heard people on your side of the argument claim stuff like this? I've seen people insist that they can't even see a difference between men and women.

• Sorry, typo - they don't *say* men and women are the same.

• @AssJacket I already know that too. One told me.

• Who says that? I support the lgbt community, and I've never claimed this or heard anyone of the community claim that damn 😂 There's obviously differences between males and females..

also, I never really understood why the trnsgenders were classified in that group. transgender is a body image disorder. lesbian gay and bi are all sexual orientations.

• No never heard that from anyone... good point. I have to research why they're together cuz i have no clue 😂

• well there's loads of people like this on deviantart and tumblr

• No one ever said there was a big fucking difference. Your question is flawed.

• Good point

• Who says that? I've honestly never seen a single person who said there's no difference between men and women.

• No one is saying there is no biological difference.

You can't compare equality to biology.

and what exactly do you mean that you can't compare equality to biology? equal treatment does no neccesitate identical treatment. 3+3=6, but 2+4=6 as well.

• They don't mean there is no difference biologically, any idiot knows the difference between a dick and a vagina.
      You can't compare treating men and women equal and treating people like there is no biological difference.

What Guys Said 11

• Who in the world says that? This just sounds like a stupid strawman argument so it's easier for you to argue against transgender rights.
    I am a transgender supporter and I would never say that there's no difference between men and women because clearly, there is.

• P. s. One of the most annoying parts about this topic is that ignorance clearly never dies out. There are so many people on this website alone who think: "If I don't have these feelings, they must, by definition, be a mental disorder because I am the measurement of all healthiness and goodness". As some people might remember, we have gone through the same exact bullshit arguments in the 1980s and 1990s. Matthew Shepard was brutally tortured and murdered by two idiots, simply because they assumed that "if I don't feel attracted to men, any guy who does feel that way must be a sicko and worthy of being killed". And now that homosexuality is slowing starting to get accepted in the US and people start to acknowledge that it's not a mental disorder, they start to claim the same bullshit about transgender people. It's strange... conservative Americans love to talk about "freedom" and "liberty" and get all emotional but when you look at it more closely, it seems to be their only passion and

• them responsibility, they will usually not disappoint you. You might call me naive and say that I trust too much in my fellow human beings. Maybe... maybe not. I think people will act like mature adults if you give them the opportunity to do so. At least most people. Some complete idiots will always exist.

I don't think it's egoistical to let people go there way. I think it liberates them. It's one of the core elements of our western, pluralist democracies. Instead of forbidding everything, we try to give people as much personal freedom as possible.

The difference between gun restrictions and restricting the consumption of alcohol or donuts is of course that the guns also endanger other people. Fat people don't kill me with their love for donuts :-).

And no, you weren't being condescending. I hope I wasn't neither. You're being very civil.

• that range for abortion sounds good to me, although I really don't see how the heartbeat has any bearing.

Hm. interesting.

However, I would like to note that one of the most common arguments for gun control is the fact that anyone who owns a gun is several times more likley to use it on themselves than on, say, a burglar.

I just noticed how far our conversation has strayed from the original topic. perhaps we should stop before it gets silly.

• If there's no difference between men and women like you claim...

LOL, science, biology, sanity, logic there debunked that theory, science bitches!

• yeah. as a Christian, I can't help but see a truckload of irony and bullcrap whenever one of these peopel criticizes *my* belief by claiming it flies in the face of science.

• yeah. I called him out on it, asking wtf. he never replied.

• Lol figures.

• What I actually want to hear from them:

If a guy says he's a girl and you support him, do you support folks in mental asylum that claim they're Elvis/Jesus/Dinosaur/Napoleon? Do you think they should be acknowledged as such?
    If yes, do you think that since some countries are even building special toilets for transsexuals, then would it make sense if a guy that claims he's Napoleon would receive his own France with peasants and soldiers?
    Can a guy that claims he's Elvis claim copyrights as well? Should a guy that calls himself Jesus receive control over churches as well?

• I've used that argument myself many times. I won't tell you what the results are, because the only way one can really strengthen an argument is through field testing.

• @Kylesar
      Actually I wasn't twisting your words. I was translating them from pseudo-scientific into a common language.

In any case, I guess we're done here.
      Oh, and I don't plan on calling you idiot; there's no need to highlight the obvious.

• Enjoy your dead-end logic and blatant strawmans

Maybe you'll become self-aware of your idiocy

• Congratulations for realizing the contradictory and senseless rhetoric of the gender (re) definition movement. They want to disregard gender to justify their transition yet in order to transition they need to appeal to the same thing they are disregarding. You are officially smarter than a liberal.

• Yeah, I don't get how they can say that men and women are the same and that any gender differences are socially constructed but at the same time say its possible to be born the wrong gender =.=

• You know what I think the core problem is? The sob story fallacy. these people hear the transgenders story and basically are like "Oh no, these people are so sad so they must be correct!"

• As a student of science, I believe from my understanding of human biology that it's not possible for a human being to change sex.
    For one there's the whole issue of homogamatic and hetrogamatic.

I do believe it is possible for a specie to change sex as for example, clownfish are able to. However I do not believe that humans are capable of doing so.

Many people are quite frankly deluded and mislead.
    Men and women are different, that's fact.

• From your knowledge of biology, is it possible that transgenderism is some sort of disorder? Say a chemical imbalance or developmental anomaly which led to their transgenderism? Because I'm not fully willing to say just yet that trans people are completely insane, but I'm also not willing to accept their absurd rhetoric either. My hunch is that what they are experiencing is a real disorder.

• Yeah. Speaking as a Christian, I can't help but see a truckload of bullcrap and irony whenever people like this criticize *my* belief by claiming it flies in the face of science.

• @JRICHARDS1996 Well I can tell you from the two psychology classes i took that it sounds exactly like they simply have a distorted body image; no different from anorexics, really.

• "No difference between men and women like YOU claim".
    You've confused sex with gender here.

• Gender is merely the product of sex. Nurture only reinforces that which already exists in nature. The distinction is really meaningless.

• *probable* typo
      "realign sex with their gender"
      #firstdraft

• ha! I feel you, bro!

before I do that, please answer me this: why does an argument have to be structured like an essay to be valid as you seem to imply? this isn't an English class.

• I've known a few Transgendered people and I've never heard anyone claim this as a justification for their gender identity. You're working off of a false premise.

• What's my side of the argument? Anyway, I've heard people say gender doesn't matter insofar as cultural expectations go, but I've simply never heard anyone say gender identity doesn't matter.

• sorry, people on the transgenders' side of the argument.

• BOOM. THANK YOU FUCK

• My personal opinion is that they want to be comfortable in there own bodies I think that's why they go through the transitioning they want to feel happy with themselves when they look in the mirror.

• The way I see it, these people simply have a distorted body image; no different from anorexics, really.

• I'm not going to tell you your opinion is wrong because everyone has there own opinion. It's just the way I see it.

• anorexics do too. so why should we tell one that they're wrong while telling the other that they're right?

• There is no such thing as a human "sex change" if you are born with an XY chromosome count you are a man if you are born with XX you are a woman. If you are born a man you die a man! No matter how much you play pretend in between!

• exactly transgenders are stupid

• @BaileyisDarcy
      no it's true remove GOD
      put in a rock

I prefer GOD
      other people prefer a rock and animals

• @skeptic007 *sigh* okay, brother in Christ, I can tell you right now that you don't know nearly enough about evolution or the big bang to be qualified to criticize either. read these: jas09.deviantart.com/.../Remember-Atheists-182247272

www.godofevolution.com/.../

heavencalling.deviantart.com/.../Science-and-Religion-536858890