When do you think we're going to have prosthetic arms and legs that can do EVERYTHING that our real arms and legs can do and do them just as well?

So yeah there are robotic prosthetics that can do some tasks but they are so awkward and clunky. I just feel super bad for amputees and am just wondering when you think we'll have prosthetics like this When do you think we're going to have prosthetic arms and legs that can do EVERYTHING that our real arms and legs can do and do them just as well?
That are just as quick and flexible and have just as fluid motions as a real arm or leg? I just feel like I'm going to be in an accident one day and lose either my legs or arms (maybe even all of them) and I just can't see myself being able to move on. I don't think I have that kind of strength. If things like this existed I might be able to. I'd think we'd have this kind of technology by now but we don't. How far away do you think something like this is for the general public?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• We already have some pretty high performing prosthetics.
    The key to taking it to the next level is wireless tech, and bridging the gap between man and machine.

I was convinced when I was a teen that I was going to lose a leg. So I did lots of research over the years into the subject. We've got some really high performing legs and feet. The arms and hands, however are where all the great robotics is at.

We are at least 10 years out from having a brain controlled robotic device, and another 10 for the prosthetic community to adapt. Shorter if the west has a proper war, or the Muslims lift the ban on science.

• i give it another 20 30 years, because with how there making robots that do some pretty amazing things i think that prosthetics will be here before that.