Why do we run after people who don't care about us?

Knowing that they don't care/are indifferent towards us?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they're idiots.
    I don't run after people that don't care about me, I did stuff for that kind of people before, I refuse to keep being an idiot. That kind of people don't let you grow, they just push you down. I'm not going through that anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• It's about perceived value, value is something we give to things we think are rare or hard to come by, it another reason why sales men make you wait in the office for extended periods of time so that you get frustrated an buy, or it's why guys or gals make you chase them, you gave value, time, energy, money, whatever that belonged to you to the other person, now they have more value because of it.

• You want something thats not easy to reach because in your mind it has a higher value.

• But in reality does it? Does it actually have a higher value or does society or even our own minds fool us into believing that someone has a higher value over the other

• Its all in your head. I think in reality those who do love you are the ones with higher value because they care about you, and they will always be there for you.

@JohnMike999 I guess you have to understand that you have limited time on this planet. Can you really afford to waste your youth waiting for someone who doesn't even care about you?

• I'm kind of guy who doesn't talk to a lot of different girls in the same time, i mean the fact that i found someone up to my preferences means i would struggle to move on if she doesn't like me because i don't have that many options.

• Infatuation.

• it's the mind playing games you have to be stronger than the mind

• Because the heart wants the forbidden and the out of reach.

• because girls want what they can't have

• It has to do with "we want what we can't have concept". Personally if I know a girl doesn't care about me I'll walk the other direction.

What Girls Said 3

• I guess it's just human nature. Subconsciously, we like misery and trying to change things that just won't be. It's the thrill of the chase!

• did you ever chase someone like that?

• @chriss I tink all of us have chased something that we wanted but couldn't seem to have. That's how we operate. We don't appreciate things we get with ease. But also, anything worth having is worth a chase at least one good time.

• i don't know lol

• BECAUSE ITS HUMAN NATURE, I don't know I KNOW FOR SURE THAT I ALWAYS LIKE GUYS I can't HAVE AND IT SUCKSSSSS