How much do typos bug you, and what kind?

Casual misspelling:
Simple mistakes like "spagetti" instead of "spaghetti".

Typos:
1) Things like "thise" instead of "those", accidentally typing i, being right next to o.
2) auto-correct choosing the wrong word.

Purposely misspelling:
Typing things like "theres" instead of "theirs" because it's easier to type and sounds the same, figuring "Who cares?".

Another example:
Typing the dollar sign after the number, such as "25$" instead of "$25".

• Casual misspellings/typos
  • Purposely misspelling
  • Both
  • Neither
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if the person sounds like they are horrible at speaking English. Even if English is their first language.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never found casual misspellings/typos to bother me-- I make them all the time too so I understand the pain.

Purposeful misspellings annoy me if someone is asking a question and it is full of grammar mistakes... Like if someone REALLY wants advice on something, and they end up writing one long paragraph of grammar-cringing horror, it slightly irks me. I wish that, since they want us to give the time to read/answer it, they would at least try to spell stuff correctly.
    Rather, I'll just skip over the question if it is bad like that. Casual typos don't bother me though.

Note: It doesn't bother me, but severe (to the point of "wtf are they saying") misspellings serve to make the writer look much less intelligent. While they may not always annoy me, it influences my perception of them.

What Girls Said 7

• It doesn't bother me unless it's like SUPER obvious. GaG messes with autocorrect and spellcheck so I don't hold it against people unless they're being jerks.

• I'm not too bothered by it with others. When I do mess up while typing or texting, though, it annoys the heck out of me, haha.

• i love purposely misspelling stuff, that's my favorite kind of humor
    66.media.tumblr.com/.../...c2pw9ZOQ1s48u4s_500.jpg
    67.media.tumblr.com/.../...v33K31sz39j8o3_1280.jpg

• Casual ones dont bother me, purposeful ones tend to to annoy me but hey whatever, and if its a LARGe amount or purposeful ones then it gets so aggravating i stop talking to them.

• They really annoy me but I have the bad habit of not re-reading what I write before posting so I make typos, I omit words, etc. It's annoying when that happens on Gag because I can't edit my posts.

• I hate when other people purposefully misspell worlds. But for myself, I hate all the typos.

• It bothers me when i words like "catched" or "worsest" This is for 5 years old and shouldn't get them wrong (is caught and worst btw) Also the other day i saw written on a wall "Mary and Ann "was" here " i just wanted to get a felt tip and change the "was" to "were"

• Aside from possibly using "catched" on accident sometimes, I don't think I ever make those kind of mistakes. They annoy me, too.

What Guys Said 5