Would you forgive someone that hit you?

Now I know this is a very touchy subject, and I would hate to offend anybody. I thought about this question over time and I've had yes and no answers from different situations. One example being Chris Brown and how he savagely beat Rihanna, however she managed to forgive him and take him back, claiming he changed. Another example being from The Avengers comics with Hank Pym slapping his wife Janet in the face. Now even though they got divorced after this event occurred she still kept a very close relationship with him and they were even still in love and kept hooking up. They just never got remarried (because he was a pretty crappy husband, even without the slap)
Now i'm aware that there is a difference between one slap and beating someone. Part of me is kind of a "one strike and your out" kind of girl, no second chances (especially with violence).
This question does not just apply to women it applies to men too so I ask you: Would you forgive it if it was one slap? Do you think people like that CAN change? What do you think of people like Rhianna and Janet?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex boyfriend punched me in the face. I ended up in the hospital. Anyone who resorts to hitting a loved one is a fucking loser. My my mom beat the shit out of me for years, threw me down cement stairs, ripped my hair out, punched me and kicked me in the face. I find people who use violence in unnecessary situations (anything that isn't self defense) to have no brain what so ever. They're just modern day cavemen. So to answer your question I would forgive them so that I could let it go and move on. I would never forget and I would cut ties with them.

What Guys Said 5

• One slap, I will forgive if she apologised sincerely.

Domestic violence, I am gone without second thoughts.

• Lmaoo it wasn't u OP, why butthurt

• Yeah. Domestic violence for men is pretty common.

• I know it's horrible I remember hearing a story about a guy whose girlfriend is being abusive and the audience was laughing at him, like FU audience if it was a girl you would be mad as fuck

• - shrug- social norms.

• But, I mean, men are physically stronger than women (unless you're in a relationship with an olympic athlete or something) so I don't understand how this happens.

• I will, tell reason why

• I wouldn't care if a girl slapped me, that doesn't hurt.

What Girls Said 2

• No.

Deliberate violence deserves no forgiveness, only punishment.

• Doubt it. How can I be sure he's not gonna hit me again? How can I be sure he's not gonna hit our kids? I'd be living in constant fear if I chose to stay with him.