I need a cheap laptop. Any suggestions?

I just want a laptop with windows 10 and a DVD/CD burner. Any recommendations?

Is Asus a good brand?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My laptop was $300-400 from Wal-mart. It's an HP laptop with a disk drive, 3 usb ports, hdmi port, and I guess that's a cable port but I only use wifi. Now it's probably like $200-300 from Amazon but it's pretty fast. Good for making 3D models and building small scenes in UE4. You probably don't want to do all that though. If you want cheaper you'd just have to either go to Wal-mart or look on Amazon for the 4 star and up and make sure they have the specs you're looking for. To be on the safe side, if you don't already have one it's a great idea to get a cooling pad. I got the HAVIT HV-F2063 for about $20 and it's quiet and sturdy.

What Guys Said 6

• -Chromebook
    -External DVD writer drive that you can plug into the USB port

• I second this. Better to find a cheap laptop and get an external drive than try to find one with an internal drive (they're getting somewhat rare these days).

• @AssJacket Yeah, and for how much you typically would even use a DVD drive, I like the externals anyways.

• Pay a bum to steal it for you? Amazon online store, tell your parents you need it for your school course ext

• Get a Chromebook (and then install Windows 10 on it if you're certain that you actually need Windows). They're really cheap for what you get.

• And for the CD/DVD burner, get an external one. You can just plug that in via USB and use it on the fly.

• Actually I'd advise against getting a Chromeboox and installing windows 10 on it, for one quite a few lower end chrome books have really low specs, second a lot of chrome books takes some work installing another operating system and third you'd be paying for the chrome book plus a copy of Windows 10.

• @llorando Which is why I don't recommend Windows at all. I'd personally stick with Chrome OS or another Linux distro. But the asker said that they needed Windows.

• Get DELL they are usually high quality for medium budget.

• Refurbs.

• Get DELL

• Why Dell when Asus are about the same wit a little bit better build quality.

• Actually Asus has little bit better quality than dell. Dell does have pretty quality on their business line of computers, but their consumer line is hit and miss. I've had quite a few dells that where poorly designed and poor quality that just didn't hold up.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't pay more than $300. Look on fatwallet and slickdeals for specials. You really need the burner? Best option these days is to get a cheap tablet/keyboard combo for less than $100, but of course those don't burn. You don't wanna just use flash drives or externals?

• I actually have an external burner with my current laptop. It's HP, I just wasn't sure if it'd work with all other brands... as dumb as that sounds.

• You have a point here, thank you :)

• Rock on. :)

• apple mac or a dell!

• Usually the cheapest you can get is at Walmart but get good brand.

• I have a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10 on it.
    It's actually a decent computer. Not sure how much it is though

• My sister got a Dell for $500

• I would get a cheap laptop with a separate external burner on it, what kind of specs do you want?