Is beauty everything?

I was not a popular girl but I was beautiful. If I am sitting in a bus, a guy will turn his head from his book to look at me. If I happen to make eye contact with someone he'll whip his head away when I don't even really know him. If I go to a conference I'll have some Bulgarian guy tell me I'm a really pretty girl while I smile politely. I know if I meet some guy whether it's at a bus stop or a classroom I can get him to talk to me however long I want. I know if I'm put in a project with someone at some point that guy will end up having a crush on me.

But none of these guys have ever asked me out. In fact, I've never even had a boyfriend because no one has actually taken enough initiative to really get to know me.

I've been feeling a little empty lately. I just want someone to love me for me. None of these guys really mean anything. I love being beautiful and I'm thankful for it, but I think I made it everything in my life to make myself believe I'm better than others, but in reality I'm not.

While I may be smart, there are smarter people. More hard-working people. People who deserve things maybe more than I do. It's confusing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Beauty means a lot to bring people together and keep them together,

Most Helpful Girl

• No beauty is not everything, and you shouldn't act like you're better then other people just because you are prettier that makes you shallow. People look for other things other then looks, I like someone with a good personality, kind, sweet, funny, smart, etc.

What Guys Said 3

• You should make the first move if you catch someone staring at you. They just don't want to because you caught them staring at you and now it's awkward for them. I'm sure most of them will be happy to talk to you.

• It's not everything because it fades. A personality lasts forever.

• Sadly aestherics appeal and does matter. Think for yourself. Woudlnt a very hairy male body gross you out and clean hairless man appeal and arouse you? Its the same way.

• Hmm. Actually there was this guy who used to tutor me, and I remember being nervous before I met him, because I knew he was pretty smart.

When I actually did meet him (I hadn't seen him before) my first thought was, 'this boy is not hot at all, it's going to be totally okay,' and it was. A lot of my feelings of intimidation went away.

But the more I got to know him, I actually did enjoy his company. He was funny and smart, and had a perspective on a lot of different things. While I don't think I ever 'liked,' him I did really like spending time with him irregardless of his looks. In fact, I think the fact that he wasn't good looking got me to open up to him to begin with and see a different side to him.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you should initiate contact with people and give them the chance to get to know you.

• Inner beauty lasts a lifetime.