Has anyone ever been catfished before? If so, what happened?

For those who don't know what that means... A Catfish is someone who poses online as a certain person in the pictures, but when you meet them in person, its not them or they look totally different from the pictures online. Pretty much someone who fakes being someone else online.

This happened to me a few times on this dating site. I saw this real handsome guy online and we exchanged numbers and started talking on the phone and I decided to check him out and see if he was real and I ended up pulling up a music video of him by his name and the person in the video was like an underground artist and his voice sounded different and everything. Something wasn't right, and I confronted him about it, and he started calling me names and I hung up the phone. It wasn't him. smh. You gotta check out people online bc anyone can be anybody behind a computer. Its sad people deceive people like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are three occasions when I, and many others, have been caught out by catfish on GAG. I can't remember the name of the first one now. Long time ago. Second was a super (?) Moderator with a green dress, only a few weeks ago. Third was only a few days ago. A raw noobie that deactivated after leading me, and I'm sure a few other guys, through a merry dance to nowhere!

No names mentioned!

• LOLOL that's because you're too trusting bruh.

I have about 20 catfish in my PM archive right now, most of whom don't realize that I know they're fake, lying fucktards. :)

• "Hun" ... my apologies. I didn't read carefully enough that you were referring to a dating site. I have no point of reference for that.

But if I were to ever do that, I would hope to find one where the members had all been thoroughly vetted before being allowed to even post a profile.

I get where you're coming from now. That would piss me off too. Especially if I paid to be a member. You'd think they could do better.

• @CheerGirl38139 Yeah i been catfished a few times and the last time was just a few weeks ago smh. getting off line

Most Helpful Girl

• I met a guy on match a few years ago and while it was the same guy, his profile pic was like 10 years younger than he was in person.

What Guys Said 3

• I chatted to this amazing bloke once. I'm not gay or anything, but he was just very interesting and witty and smart and all that jazz. Then one day he completely vanishes without a trace.

Turns out I was just schizophrenic.

• Nahhh... I am who I am, like it or not, no skin off my butt! LOL

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• I had met some people on here and a couple other places where people did turn out to be catfishes. However, it's never been as bad as some other cases where it goes on for years and years or where the people meet only to learn the truth.

• I hope I never go on a dating site. I don't think I could handle that, but never say never. As far as GaG and other Interwebz sites, there's nothing you can do but give no fucks about the high number of catfish. It's just life on line.

• I'm pretty sure it's happened to me a couple times, but I'm not positive.